Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FRA Navigation Course - March

FRA Navigation Course - March

How many people from here are going to the FRA navigation course in March?

I think there's 10 off us from Lostock going.

A thought

I know the March course is sold out. Anyway, this may be a bit off-thread but I've got a number of races pencilled in and need to get my navigation skills sorted out quickly so I contacted one of the companies that does nav. courses in the Peak District (name isn't coming to me offhand and not at my own computer so can't look it up.)

I have a lot of constraints due to work and can't manage a lot of the scheduled courses -- none of which seem to be on offer much before the spring anyway -- but the guys I spoke to are willing to put on a one day course, tailored to my needs (fell running) priced depending on how many want to do it (but max 50 quid if one to one.)

So if anyone out there is looking for a one day navigation course, in the peaks, with a couple of hours in the classroom and the rest outside then post here. Will be midweek (only time I can do it) and almost certainly will be sometime in the last two weeks of this month (January.) I will e-mail details or post here.

Ten from Lostock! We'll have to have you nicely split up then!
    Divot I think you really need to book on the Autumn course too - even just to test your new skills if found elsewhere.
    A circular route mostly downhill

Wouldn't disagree, but I have to do something urgently cos March is full and the alternative is pretty much blowing a whole summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Divot View Post
    II've got a number of races pencilled in and need to get my navigation skills sorted out quickly
    You don't say how old you are, but I picked up the basics at Cubs.

HTH.
    Running over the same old ground. What have we found?

Navigation course

Yeh I would definitely be up for this course. I work shift work and as such often get time off during the week.

Hopey you know that I am booked on with my running pal extraordinaire Anna Lupton ....

Hurray to downing a few pints too....

ps....What date was it again?

I hope you all have better weather than last year in Kettlewell. Take your woollies just in case.

It's a good course and the pub's good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Divot View Post
    I know the March course is sold out. Anyway, this may be a bit off-thread but I've got a number of races pencilled in and need to get my navigation skills sorted out quickly so I contacted one of the companies that does nav. courses in the Peak District (name isn't coming to me offhand and not at my own computer so can't look it up.)

I have a lot of constraints due to work and can't manage a lot of the scheduled courses -- none of which seem to be on offer much before the spring anyway -- but the guys I spoke to are willing to put on a one day course, tailored to my needs (fell running) priced depending on how many want to do it (but max 50 quid if one to one.)

So if anyone out there is looking for a one day navigation course, in the peaks, with a couple of hours in the classroom and the rest outside then post here. Will be midweek (only time I can do it) and almost certainly will be sometime in the last two weeks of this month (January.) I will e-mail details or post here.
    Cant guarantee availabilty but if I can make it I'd love to!
    Let me know dates?
    Cheers

OK, I will post details as soon as I sort them out. Early next week if not before.