Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronte Way

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bronte Way 8 - 7th October

Don't worry if you've missed the cut-off date to pre-enter the Bronte Way 8 on 7th October. Seats on the coaches are still available and you can enter on the day when you get to the start at Wycoller.

£6 for a bus ride, bottle of Landlord and soup and a roll - it's a yorkshire bargain.

Branwell Bronte.

Master

Re: Bronte Way 8 - 7th October

So can we just turn up and get on the coach? We're doing the Grin n Bear It (23 mile version) the day before so not sure until first thing Sunday whether we'll be in any state to do this one!

Yup that's right.

Smile Re: Bronte Way 8 - 7th October

great run this, loveley scenery and would be anice little warm down for you long distance sloggers. Hoping for a nice sunny day but does have it's muddy patches, Mmm...

Great race /John/Brett/etc etc Did you order the beautiful day?
    Well done Adam and thanks Richard for keeping on my tail after I passed you in the middle of the race........think this pushed me to how fit I maybe was a fair few years ago.
    Cheers all, great day.
    Clive, Hebden Bridge

Bronte Way - Sunday

Does anyone know route for this please? Any online links? Can't see anything on kcac site.

First half looks fairly obvious but lots of options on OS map at end, so not sure where it goes and don't want to miss out on my free bottle of Landlord or the soup!

Also, will I get away with trail shoes if not too wet tomorrow?

Cheers

Super Moderator

Re: Bronte Way - Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Arnica View Post
    Does anyone know route for this please? Any online links? Can't see anything on kcac site.

First half looks fairly obvious but lots of options on OS map at end, so not sure where it goes and don't want to miss out on my free bottle of Landlord or the soup!

Also, will I get away with trail shoes if not too wet tomorrow?

Cheers
    I wouldn't worry too much about getting lost as from memory I think any major turning points are either well marked or marshalled. Trail shoes might not be a bad choice as much of the course is good running on hard trails although there's a few boggy bits! If you see a baldy headed fella with a goatee in a K&C vest say hello, it'll be me! One last thing bring kit as outlined on entry form; John and Chris, the race organisers are keen on this.

Anyone heading back to Wycoller afterwards? If I turn up on the day I don't fancy the 8 mile run back to my car at the end

I was wondering wether to do this one or not as was abit concerned about getting lost! But if most of the turns etc are marked i should be ok..........

Will have a think tonight!