Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronte Way

Smile Re: Bronte Way 8 - 7th October

What a great race! I did it last year and enjoyed that too.
    The bottom of the last descent through the carpark is a bugger, one guy was about to turn right until I shouted 'LEFT, LEFT', to busy watching him, I nearly ran into that blasted lampost, immediately round the left hand corner: I remembered it from last year. I knocked 3 secs off last years time, which isnt bad to say I was enjoying it.
    Anyway, as always, good races in that area.
    Think I spoke to Bret after the race? I am the bold man who gets cramp alot, especially at the great yorkshireman the other week. Good to see you.
    Mudlugger

disco stan

Re: Bronte Way 8 - 7th October

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Nowt to do with me, John and Chris Preston organised a brilliant do
    Thanks to them too.
    You k&c lads and lasses organise some good events.

Bronte Way - Sunday

Does anyone know route for this please? Any online links? Can't see anything on kcac site.

First half looks fairly obvious but lots of options on OS map at end, so not sure where it goes and don't want to miss out on my free bottle of Landlord or the soup!

Also, will I get away with trail shoes if not too wet tomorrow?

Cheers

Super Moderator

Re: Bronte Way - Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Arnica View Post
    Does anyone know route for this please? Any online links? Can't see anything on kcac site.

First half looks fairly obvious but lots of options on OS map at end, so not sure where it goes and don't want to miss out on my free bottle of Landlord or the soup!

Also, will I get away with trail shoes if not too wet tomorrow?

Cheers
    I wouldn't worry too much about getting lost as from memory I think any major turning points are either well marked or marshalled. Trail shoes might not be a bad choice as much of the course is good running on hard trails although there's a few boggy bits! If you see a baldy headed fella with a goatee in a K&C vest say hello, it'll be me! One last thing bring kit as outlined on entry form; John and Chris, the race organisers are keen on this.

Anyone heading back to Wycoller afterwards? If I turn up on the day I don't fancy the 8 mile run back to my car at the end

I was wondering wether to do this one or not as was abit concerned about getting lost! But if most of the turns etc are marked i should be ok..........

Will have a think tonight!

I don't think there's any chance of taking a wrong turning unless you're in the lead.... there are plenty of folk to follow.
    If you want to get an idea of the route on an OS map, just trace the green diamonds of the Bronte Way past Watersheddles to the far end of Ponden Reservoir; the route then turns right, uphill, along the Pennine Way and heads over to the Bronte Bridge. After that it's the main track to Penistone Hill and straight on until you drop down and make a couple of pretty obvious left turns to hit Haworth Main Street at the bottom of the cobbles, finishing with a nice sprint up the hill...
    DT, although you're right about there being a lot of decent track, and even some road-like sections, I'm considering wearing fell shoes simply because of the part that follows the valley between the reservoirs. It can be really muddy and very slippery in parts. It was in this race -legend has it - that a runner lost a shoe in a bog and never found it again.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Anyone heading back to Wycoller afterwards? If I turn up on the day I don't fancy the 8 mile run back to my car at the end
    Stolly, Seats still available on the coach according to K & C website. May see you there.Watch out for the clampers in Haworth!

Super Moderator

Seem to remember a nice bog by a stile at one stage Tussockface? Might try Highlanders if I can get them dry in time - did Yks'man Half in them and they were ideal ;-)

Tis a good race. My knees are still sore after the Wycoller Hoof last week (where were you DT ) so will be somewhere out on the course taking photos.