Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Leg It Round Lathkil

Leg It Round Lathkil?

Anyone planning on doing this one on Sunday?

I'm thinking about it, would be the first time at this one for me, and wondered if anyone could advise on footwear please. I'm thinking trail shoes, 'cos I know that there's a lot of hard surfaced track down in the dale. Also, any route details please?

Thanks;
    Werdna.

Re: Leg It Round Lathkil?

Nice race did it last year. Starts at the pub and heads off down the road, steepish downhill but still on the road. The path through the dale starts off easy enough but further up it does get a bit rocky and slippy underfoot. Over the river and uphill, from here its generally across fields (with a little bit of road), I remember this being fairly muddy. A gradual downhill through the fields, nothing difficult. Then along the river again (easy track) and a climb through fields to the finish. I wore my fell shoes last year and probably will again, the limestone was slippy(ish) and the fields were muddy(ish).
    Enjoy!

Yes thanks - I enjoyed this fast blast down the dale and across the fields in sunny limestone country yesterday. Incredibly the race was won by a V50, Steve Oldfield.

Werdna.

Nice litte race - did it instead of Roaches, which I was planning to do but then went down with a bad cold on Friday and decided to be sensible(ish) and do something a bit more benign. Lots of 'first timers' there, and a big crew from dahn south - what was really funny was the way half the pack stopped dead at the top of the steep tarmac slope about 100m after the start - I don't think they were used to slidey tarmac! Great beer afterwards.

david

Quote Originally Posted by Werdna Swilnik View Post
    YIncredibly the race was won by a V50, Steve Oldfield.
    Not incredible at all. Steve Oldfield won races as a V40 and a V45 so why not as a V50?

Quote Originally Posted by LizzyB View Post
    Nice litte race - did it instead of Roaches, which I was planning to do but then went down with a bad cold.
    The same thing happened to me. I'd intended to do the Roaches but had been struggling with a cold, so it was nice to do this one instead.

Yes - the beer was good as well, will certainly be visiting that pub again!

Werdna.

Leg It Round Lathkil

Only done a handful of fell races but always enjpyed them. Brother, once again roped me into doing another. Doing LEG IT ROUND LATHKIL on Sun, anyone done it before, doing it or any info etc?

Re: Leg It Round Lathkil

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Only done a handful of fell races but always enjpyed them. Brother, once again roped me into doing another. Doing LEG IT ROUND LATHKIL on Sun, anyone done it before, doing it or any info etc?
    i,ll be there not done it before but looking forward to it.
    Roaches abit far for me at the moment.
    theres a map of the route via the dark peak web site if that helps.

Did it last year, it was a loveley sunny day and a really nice run. Its not too taxing with a little bit of road work. Some steps to climb ( not too much though), some nice rivers to run along. All runnable with a bit of muck here and there-possibly literally through the farm. Great pub afterwards ( make your brother drive!) with some good food available. Have a great race

Quote Originally Posted by omega man View Post
    Did it last year, it was a loveley sunny day and a really nice run. Its not too taxing with a little bit of road work. Some steps to climb ( not too much though), some nice rivers to run along. All runnable with a bit of muck here and there-possibly literally through the farm. Great pub afterwards ( make your brother drive!) with some good food available. Have a great race
    Not done the race but been to the pub and would endorse "MAKE YOUR BROTHER DRIVE."