Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Leg It Round Lathkil

Banned
    Water is water so I would say clean mapper.

Ah the dung run.

Glorious weather greeted the 275 runners at the Lathkil Hotel for this years race. The path in the dale was severely flooded in places which made it tricky, but the fields were surprisingly firm and made for good running.Improvements in Meadow Place Farm has ensured that the farmyard experience is less dungy!
    I had a reasonable run finishing 43rd and 1st V60. Re-hydrated with a few pints of Whoa Man from the Beartown Brewery. Lovely.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

The weather is looking reasonable for this years race on the 13th. I'll be on sweeping duties so MV60 is up for grabs

A very successful LIRL yesterday. A pea souper first thing which slowly thinned but not quite enough to let the sun through. A field of 228 runners set off followed by me on sweeping duties and collecting the marker tape and half a dozen arrow signs that we had put out on Saturday. Very slippery in the dale but perfect running on the fields.
    On a continuing good weekend for the ladies the female record was broken by 53 seconds by Abbie Pearse of Steel City Striders who finished in 50.11 and 7th overall.

The race was won by Joe Oldfield of Matlock in 45.15, 1.26 outside the record but 1.15 ahead of second place. If he had been pushed it might have gone.

Everyone got around safely and I accompanied the last runner in 1hr 36 min. By the time I got back most of the results were up on the results boards for everyone to see. A magnificent sight is a set of results boards with all the different colours and the hubbub and banter of folk finding out how they and their friends and rivals got on. I love it.

When it is done properly and efficiently, as this was, and combined with £5 EOD only, it is, in my opinion the best way.

Tea, coffee and homemade cakes available in the garden and of course, beer and food in the pub.

Over £1500 raised for Children in Need.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 14-11-2022 at 01:27 PM.

After Saturdays Six Dales Circuit I woke up yesterday morning with my legs asking me why I had volunteered to sweep at this years race.

A great turnout of 247 runners this year on a damp, misty and murky morning. After paying my respects at the village War Memorial I gingerly made my way to the Lathkil Hotel for the start.

Once I got moving my legs were OK with just my hamstrings a little tender. My fellow sweeper and I trotted around at the back and fortunately the last runner was a bit slower than they were last year but we managed to chivvy her up the final fields so that she got home in 1hr 59min and was very pleased that she had broken 2hrs. Well done Hannah of Steel City Striders!

The race was won by Dan Howarth of Matlock AC, and despite the mud and flooded paths, broke Stuart Bonds 2010 course record of 43.49. Abbie Pearse of Steel City Striders was first lady for the second year in a row.

A great post race vibe in the Lathkil Hotel and my legs felt fine after a couple of Moonshines 4.3% from Abbeydale Brewery, Sheffield.