Thread: P. Buckley Route Description

P. Buckley Route Description

Now then, now then.
    Does anyone happen to have, or know the where abouts of a route description for the PBR? I've seen the brief one of http://bobwightman.co.uk/run_pb/paddy_buckley_round.php
    but just wondered if there was anything more detailed out there.
    I'm planning an attempt next year and have been to have a look at about half of it so far.
    I would be particularly grateful if anyone has tips on Moelwyn Mawr to Cnicht.
    I ended up going along that track dies out and traversing round to the top of the dam before heading up to cnitcht (is it quicker to continue on through the old mine and go up the back of cnitcht, then run up the ridge).

Another part I struggle to find any trod was at the end of the to pont caegors section (coming up from the bloodly great hole in the ground up to i think Turm y Ddysgi) I ended up going up through a load of heather which was terrible!
    (is the said wisdom to tranverse around to peak - across the top of the big drop, or continue to the top and do a steeple style out and back.

Thanks for any tips.
    TP

Re: P. Buckley Route Descripti

Re Moelwyns, back of Moelwyn Mawr down North Ridge, head through the LHS of the cwmmorthin quarries, very far left, I cross the track almost immediately and head in an almost dead straight line to that small dam, across dam wall then up Cnict. To get up Cnich I follow a wall traversing across and attack the flank 100m or so before the summit.

Re Trum Y Dysgyl. It's pretty straight forwards. Along the ridge from Hebog, over Ogof and Lefn, pick up the trod of Lefn zig zag down past the quarries and over the bwlch and then climb Gyrn. I go the RHS of the wall, some prefer the R, no big difference. From Gyrn descend to the bwlch and pick up the trod which heads from the gate on the bridleway and heads up to the next summit, mynydd bwlch something elor..then head along the fence line and pick up a trod which traverses the hill side before re-emerging on the ridge and climbs steeply to trum y dysgl.

Here is some more detail:

That route is a bit out in places and hugely out in others for legal/safety reasons

Thanks for the tips guys.
    I think I'm going to have a shot at some of it this weekend, if the weather holds...
    Thanks again