Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Longest time injured?

Unhappy Re: Longest time injured?

broken ankle 9th may. thought it was feeling good enough to show it whos boss 12 days ago and went out for a 5 mile jog. could hardly walk the next day and still suffering now.. i,ve allways had the mentality up to now of battling through injuries and showing them whos boss in the past and usually coming through ok in the end. this time the ankles are winning. for someone who used to exercise in some way or another everyday squash,cycling curcuit training etc its turning out to be a nightmare.the extra weight thats going to need losing is going to be hard work
    slow upfast down

Re: Longest time injured?

Quote Originally Posted by lilactime View Post
    nice bike ! ive barely run for 3 years suffering from pf , cycling has saved me ! 100 miles a week always at a fast pace , no weight gained and a lot of improvement on average speeds ect . learn to love it i have , and be amazed at how far you can go . but beware its a ottomless pit for money !!!

Thanks Lilactime...... yes I rather like it ( ) too!! I'm looking forward to getting out on it pretty soon. There's great cycling to be had around where I live. Have noted the pit .... am enjoying getting to know about bikes and maintain it too!!!!!
    I can do down hill

Quote Originally Posted by weak-at-knee View Post
    12 months and counting!
    Sorry to hear your news, huf-and-puf- I understand the reeling bit- recent scans show neither of my knees are much good, and tho' I'm much much better after my surgery in March, I still can't run without pain, and more damage.May end up having more ops to sort knees, but the running's looking doubtful.Haven't given up yet on it tho'.
    Good news about biking!- and nice road bike- I'm just upgrading mine from a base road model to a carbon custom build Italian job, after a summer alpine cycle trip and a couple of sportives, I'm hooked - and you can keep the fitness up - I've actually lost weight since injured.
    All the best, anyway!
    Thanks for your suppport weak-at-knee, and I wish you all the best too and hope the knees start feeling better soon.
    ..... Sounds like a pretty amazing upgrade though.......
    I haven't given up totally yet either... I'll see if I can give running a bit of a whirl again in about a years time, although I think it will need to be a very different approach..... there's no way I'll be able to do the miles I'm used to, but will be out there enjoying it no matter how little it is!!
    In the meantime I've got 12 months to get hooked on 2 wheels.....

I can do down hill

Thumbs up Re: Longest time injured?

Was out injured for 5 months this year between April to September & missed many races I had planned on doing. Did take a philosophical view when it happened ie it occured during a run - would have been well & truly gutted had it occured whilst gardening etc

Wasn't expecting to be running this side of Xmas but was given the green light by my physio - when he told me I was grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Have been back running since early Sept & like to think I have a spring in my step (run). Will have to ensure I do the various stretches / exercises everyday.

If you are out (long term) injured at the mo' when you are back out on your feet you will appreciate it all the more - Best wishes everybody & do follow the advice given by physio's & your body .

from april 07 to october 07 , 6 months

Keep the faith and you'll get back,just dont rush it

Looks like i'm in for a longish one. Hope not.

How long for a muscle tear, or various muscle tears?

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    Looks like i'm in for a longish one. Hope not.

How long for a muscle tear, or various muscle tears?
    That the official line is it? Muscle tear? Physio- or self-diagnosed? Which muscle(s)?
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    That the official line is it? Muscle tear? Physio- or self-diagnosed? Which muscle(s)?
    Not official, but my Mum(ex-Physio ) reckons so. If its still hurting by the weekend, docs next week and Physio referral it will have to be. Need it at least working for December 17th. I reckon even it was still bad then I could pass the fitness test if needs be.

Theres a few places it hurts, no swelling, but lots of pain and sensations up, down, behind and on the side from knee down.

Thanks for your inspiration and sound words of advice Manhar and Fleeter.

Great to hear you're back up and running again

I did 'run' a few steps today to avoid being flattened by white van... (not good ... but hey every little helps!!)

I can do down hill

First run today, I use the word "run" in the loosest sense as I kept running out of puff and stopping - but hey, I don't care. On the comeback trail - nice and slow and steady, do nothing stupid and I should be ok .
    So that's pretty much 5 months and the summer gone.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.