Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: the Hebden

Re: the Hebden

Quote Originally Posted by lantern rouge View Post
    I'm toying with the Fellsman Steve... what d'you reckon?

Think I should, but I have trouble navigating my way out the front door some days!
    Get yerself entered Simon, they'll be plenty to follow on the day, people end up in little groups long before they get grouped
    Hills and Guinness!

2 of us doing a Hebden recci (long route) on sunday am, let me know if anyone wants to join us?

Quote Originally Posted by chris brown View Post
    2 of us doing a Hebden recci (long route) on sunday am, let me know if anyone wants to join us?
    Chris
    Allow plenty of time - see my post for the Wadsworth Trog from today.
    Clive, Hebden Bridge

May I suggest you go to the event website before you plan your recce. You will see from there that the top part of the route above CP5 is impassable and is likely to remain so for some time because there are five foot drifts. I and others will be looking at a diversion on Sunday along the road. I have not yet walked the latter part of the route after this diversion so do not know if that is passable so more route changes may be needed. I hope that further diversions will not be necessary as the latter part is more sheltered and lower than the Calderdale Way.
    Feedback from your recce will be welcomed assuming you survive the experience.
    Alan G

Did a recce of the short course today with a view to running next weekend. The first section along the cycle path wasn't runnable, being sheet ice. The last section from CP3 onwards was mainly unrunnable. In fact part of the canal towpath had been closed due to the ice.

But we really enjoyed the rest of the course; although there are icy sections on tracks and steps. Who knows what the weather holds between now and Saturday. Hopefully most of the ice will shift.

The route description was excellent. Really looking forward to the event now.