Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: plea to manufacturers

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

plea to manufacturers

My first pair off road shoes were Inov Flyrocs, what attracted me to first look at them was their colour - electic blue with bright yellow features. Its not the reason I purchased them but it certainly got me to ask about them and I was very happy with their appearance.

A little while later I needed some shoes and saw Mizuno wave harriers at PB's van , they were blue and i thought they look nice, I wonder if they are as good as the flyrocs - they were.

Early this year I needed some shoes for 3p with a little cushioning as the ones I had blew up, came across Nike red rocks 2, bright blue with yellow facings, didn't have time to shop around and got them - impressed again both with the look and performance, they are a great shoe as I have said before.

I need some more trail shoes due to the dog eating my current more dowdy grey flyrocs, so off to sports shoes unlimited this am to buy some - looked at mizuno harriers (inov have priced themselves out of my pocket) which after several colour changes are now being sold in bright blue with yellow facings, also fancied some Walsh spirit light trail shoes go on guess what colour they are....................... yup blue with yellow facings.

So now all my off road shoes other than my Walsh fell shoes ( black and white but there is a blue and yellow version possibly the originator of this colour scheme?) are the same colour and of a similar design and I am getting a bit fed up. Can we have some originality in design please or at least new thinking, admittedly this colour scheme got me interested in the first place but I am rapidly getting fed up of this and its starting to have the opposite effect.

Admittedly colour does not affect performance but how many recent posts have their been about people not wanting to try walshes cos of the appearance? (I have bitten the bullet and they are great).

Its not all bad of course my family who have no interest in my running have no idea how many shoes I buy as they all look the same, but if they did notice the finances would be much better so new colours please.
    Coniv-8 not knowingly evidenced to improve performance

Master and MR

Re: plea to manufacturers

But you don't want to pay more money. New colours mean more cost. Colour doesn't bother me. Two runs and they are black anyway

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post
    Thank you i have just won £5.00 - easiest bet i ever made.

If you read the thread you will see you have priced yourself out of my pocket. Like the shoes I have they work fine (and for the first time no inovs) just like some original thinking on shoes that don't fall apart.

What size shoe are you, I have some new size 12 wave harriers that I want to shift cos they are too big - £45.00 but willing to discuss if you would like them.
    Last edited by Antisocial; 23-10-2010 at 06:31 PM.

Banned

Excellent news

I was in sportshoes this morning as well, I've always bought my runners from there. Top place

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    But you don't want to pay more money. New colours mean more cost. Colour doesn't bother me. Two runs and they are black anyway
    But the shoes I am on about are all new designs, with new colour schemes that are the same as everyone else.

I've always preferred to run in red shoes. That's just me though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    I've always preferred to run in red shoes. That's just me though.
    I think it's been scientifically proven that red shoes do improve running times

Is that because you can click your heels together and appear at the finish?