Thread: Winter kit

Winter kit

I've been wondering if i'm underprepared for running in winter conditions. I plan to wear my LS Base Layer, then maybe my tee, then my LS zip-up Crew Top, and finally my Inov8 waterproof cagoule. Assuming i don't end up sat around getting cold at 2000' does anyone think i'm underprepared on the basis that i'll be running all the time i'm exposed?

I tend to stick to Ron Hill clothing as it's well priced, so all the fabrics are high performance types.

Cheers big ears'
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Re: Winter kit

Sounds like plenty to me - so long as you've an extra layer carried incase you get hurt or the weather really comes in. Almost sounds like too many layers for running in to me (but then I tend to overheat very easily). Most important thing I feel is to have kit which dries quickly so you don't get chilled when stopping to navigate or for a break.

Unless it's really rank, my winter running kit is a LS merino top, with a wicking tee or a windproof gillet over the top, and then a pertex top if it's wet or really windy.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I've been wondering if i'm underprepared for running in winter conditions. I plan to wear my LS Base Layer, then maybe my tee, then my LS zip-up Crew Top, and finally my Inov8 waterproof cagoule. Assuming i don't end up sat around getting cold at 2000' does anyone think i'm underprepared on the basis that i'll be running all the time i'm exposed?

I tend to stick to Ron Hill clothing as it's well priced, so all the fabrics are high performance types.

Cheers big ears'
    flippin eck, I'd pass out with all that lot on!

Cheers guys, maybe lose the tee then . The important thing is that i've enough layers to lose or apply.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I wear a mountain equipment microtherm (old tpye) when its cold. Carry an extra windproof if ita long run. If i,m gonna stop on any summits i might take a piece of warm kit (whatever you like really).