Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Permanently crocked

Joliver Jim

Re: Permanently crocked

I'm not saying I ever give my husband grief of course.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    one thing ive noticed mind is that i can recover very quickly after a fell race but not after a 1/2 road marathon.
    Daz - Surely it depends on which fell race it is. Some of the ones with steep descents wreck my legs for yonks - Buttermere Sailbeck for example - I couldn't walk for a week (but then I wasn't very fit in those days). Recently Donard-Commedagh really got my legs.

And then there are races like Edale. It did take a while to recover from that. From pure fatigue and wild elements factor!

I'm 33, started running when 18, and injuried-days and running-days have been roughly the same. .

undercover moderator

I understand Bruce & Sue Tulloh's book is meant to be good for old people.

And try an afternoon nap?

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post
    Daz - Surely it depends on which fell race it is. Some of the ones with steep descents wreck my legs for yonks - Buttermere Sailbeck for example - I couldn't walk for a week (but then I wasn't very fit in those days). Recently Donard-Commedagh really got my legs.

And then there are races like Edale. It did take a while to recover from that. From pure fatigue and wild elements factor!
    socks its weird
    but when i did lots of road races i was always booking in at the physio, not for injuries but a good massage to aid recovery
    since doing mostly fell i havnt needed it

even after edale i wasnt to bad and my legs were better than when i did liversage half
    maybe like you im just fitter socks
    not done either of those races socks , perhaps you could show me round them one day

42... as in summits... as in er... Bob Graham???
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

i think people can do alot to avoid injury, regardless of age. Streaching, massage, core stability and curcuit training on a regular basis will prevent injury. the problem is, the majority of us tend to just run and shower, instead of run, streach and shower.
    Oh when the blues...go marching in...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddy the Owl View Post
    i think people can do alot to avoid injury, regardless of age. Streaching, massage, core stability and curcuit training on a regular basis will prevent injury. the problem is, the majority of us tend to just run and shower, instead of run, streach and shower.
    Personally I'd do some stretching instead.....

Banned

I know just where you are coming from Danbert.
    I get fit start performing well then Bang goes something else.
    At 45 I need to be out but my body keeps making excuses.
    My new plan of attack is more cycling to keep fit for running.
    Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    As you get older (i'm 42) do you just have to accept that you are going to be permanently crocked?

It's not that i can't get out and run (i'm currently running 3 or 4 times a week) but i'm never able to do what i want to do, or run as much as i think i can.

If you want to carry on runing do you just have to accept your lot and get on with it accepting the limitations that are thrown at you with age?
    age is no barrier danbert, that is just an excuse! anyway i thought you was younger that 42?

everybody is differan, some of us can reecover better from injurys whilst others, have to alter how we stay fit.
    there is many a reason why some of us are injured, but there is loads of alteratives for us to get back to running again.
    it's more a case of mind over matter.
    penguins happy feet :w00t: