Thread: one for the geeks......

one for the geeks......

ive got memory map and i want to send a part of one of the maps to someone - how do i do it? I want to pick up the fairfield horseshoe route and e.mail it someone - i 'm sure printing the page with the route on , then scanning that page to a pdf is not the answer! any geeks out there ....?

Re: one for the geeks......

Get your map up then press "ctrl" and "print screen" buttons together. Then paste to word.

Get broadband and download one of the free pdf software packages.... (or use someone elses broadband to download it - ie parents, sister etc..), copy it to an mp3 player / memory stick and then install it on your own PC and produce pdf.

thanks for that guys! the screen print thing worked then i brought the file to broadband haven on my mp3 player and sent it as it was massive- isnt technology wonderful - as far as that thing you explained dom - perhaps you could explain to me again when i get my broadband in a couple of weeks or so.....cheers

Guess that qualifies me as a geek then Another slightly different method would be do the screen print thing but paste to Paintbox. You can then save it as a JPEG rather than a BMP file which should give you a much smaller file to email

Quote Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
    Another slightly different method would be do the screen print thing but paste to Paintbox. You can then save it as a JPEG rather than a BMP file which should give you a much smaller file to email
    Must remember that one, my mum won't get broadband so I have to have work arounds for her on dial-up when the 'it won't do what I want it to do' phone call arrives!

You could google for and then download a little utility called MWSnap which'll allow you to 'snap' (ie copy) portions of the screen and then save to different formats and different resolutions (ie so the file size can be minimised).

Then just email the image - you shouldn't need a memory stick.

FB

e.g. this file was 40kb jpg (if the quality is too good you can reduce the quality and hence the filesize or vice versa)

FB
    Attached Images Attached Images

cool - I'll revive this thead when i get broad band installed and try out all these things! thanks!