Page 13 of 235 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

Quote Originally Posted by Donkarlo View Post
    What times are people hoping for ?

I did 17:47 last year so hopefully shave a bit off this year
    If it's dry and you have a good navigator for the night section you should do it easy

I should be okay for the navigation on the night section and i was brushing up last week whilst I was up on the route just making note of certain landmarks that will be easy to see in the dark just in case my lethargy dulls my map reading. Do you still have the details of the detour round Fleet Moss that I followed you on last year, don't fancy bog trotting ? Karl (no.111)
    Last edited by Donkarlo; 07-05-2008 at 11:57 AM.

I should be okay for the navigation on the night section and i was brushing up last week whilst I was up on the route just making note of certain landmarks that will be easy to see in the dark just in case my lethargy dulls my map reading. Do you still have the details of the detour round Fleet Moss that I followed you on last year, don't fancy bog trotting ? Karl (no.111)
    Sent you a PM with the route notes on

Good luck

IDP

NIce one Ian many thanks.

Good luck all you doing the Fellsman this year. It certainly looks like the weather will be good for once. I'm almost wishing I was joining you now, but I opted out this year, in favour of a Yoredale 100 recce instead. Sun cream at the ready!

Not a good day for me. I couldn't keep any food down and pulled out at Fleet Moss.

I'll be back next year.

Think I may have seen you there, about 7 ? I was feeling to hot at Stonehouse and was ready to throw the towel in but I managed to finish, not a great time but okay considering just how hot it was.

Hell it was hot! finished slowly in 22:42 but managed to finish it for the first time of entering and not a blister in sight!
    Last edited by haworth hobbler; 12-05-2008 at 09:32 AM. Reason: sounds like i've tried before!
    Short arms and deep pockets. A yorkshire man.

Think I may have seen you there, about 7 ? I was feeling to hot at Stonehouse and was ready to throw the towel in but I managed to finish, not a great time but okay considering just how hot it was.
    I don't think it was me. I got there at 4.50. By the time the limo turned up at around 6 ish to whisk us back to HQ there were 4 of us.

That was my first dnf since 1988. I'm not nearly as disappointed as I thought I might be, but obviously I hope not to make a habit of it

I was impressed with the course. The helpers were all excellent. A great event. I can see why people come back year after year.

Feeling quite jealous. Was wanting to do this all year but wasn't sure if I had the miles in my legs after injury.

Ran up Dodd fell in your trod and down onto the Pennine way on Sunday. Also went up Gt Knoutberry before you on the Saturday.

Was bloody hot out there. How was Fleet moss?