Page 133 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2345

Thread: Fellsman

Re: Fellsman

So I guess we should all meet at Snaizeholme for grouping???? Look forward to it!

Looking forward to it feeling good too. Bit of a niggle in right knee but feeling better than last year :thumbup:

I'm really looking forward to it.

Kit lists made, route planned on the map, GPS programmed, long range weather forecasts being studied and having the compulsory footwear dilemmas!!

Not really sure on how long it is going to take me with it being my first time - when I'm feeling optimistic I'm hoping for 19 hours but suspect nearer 21 hours could be more realistic. Have to see how it goes.

Emma I was like that last year. You will do fine go with something with good grip on your feet. Dont worry about navigation too much if it's clear their is always someone in sight :w00t:

I felt the urge to copy and paste the checkpoint menu from the fellsman web site. I love the food on this event

ROADSIDE CHECKPOINT MENU 2011

HILL INN: TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, BISCUITS

KINGSDALE: TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, FLAPJACK, BISCUITS

DENT: TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, SAUSAGE/CHEESE & ONION ROLLS, BEANS, BREAD/BUTTER, FRUIT, BISCUITS

STONEHOUSE: TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, PASTA & TOMATO SAUCE, GRATED CHEESE, BREAD/BUTTER, CAKES, JAM, RAISINS, BISCUITS

REDSHAW: TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, HOTDOGS, ONIONS, SAUCES, TOMATO SOUP, CHEESE, BANANA’S, MALT LOAF, BISCUITS

FLEET MOSS: TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, FRESH HOMEMADE VEG SOUP, BREAD/BUTTER, CHEESE, JAM, MARMITE, BISCUITS

CRAY: TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, VARIOUS SANDWICHES, SPAGHETTI HOOPS, RICE PUDDING, FRUIT SALAD, BISCUITS

PARK RASH: TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, HOT CHOCOLATE, COCKTAIL SAUSAGES, BREAD/BUTTER, CAKE, RAISINS, BISCUITS

YARNBURY TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, BISCUITS

I've highlighted all my favourites

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    Emma I was like that last year. You will do fine go with something with good grip on your feet. Dont worry about navigation too much if it's clear their is always someone in sight :w00t:
    Bang goes the weather......

I'm feeling the same Emma. I've been having all sorts of niggles and problems with my knee and so completing it is still an issue but I am hoping for under 20 hours. I'm running the Pembrokeshire Coast Path two weeks later and that is my major focus so if I feel that I'm jeopardising that on the Fellsman, I'll probably retire. I'm going to give it a bash though and I think if I take it steady I stand a chance of completing. My main worry is navigation and I will be hoping for decent weather but as Stolly says...the mention of it being clear will probably guarantee clag and rain!

Quote Originally Posted by emma7027 View Post
    I'm really looking forward to it.

Kit lists made, route planned on the map, GPS programmed, long range weather forecasts being studied and having the compulsory footwear dilemmas!!

Not really sure on how long it is going to take me with it being my first time - when I'm feeling optimistic I'm hoping for 19 hours but suspect nearer 21 hours could be more realistic. Have to see how it goes.
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

The spaghetti hoops last year (at Cray?) are quite possibly the nicest thing I have ever tasted. I admit that there is an outside possibility that fatigue may have clouded my judgement.

On the whinjury front, I lost that majority of skin from the underside of my big toe doing the Highlander*, so I am praying to the skin-gods that it will regrow in time for the Fellsman.

*Yes, I realise it was careless to lose it!

A word of warning based on experience of many Ultras over the years: beware of savoury pasta on its own. It will cause your blood sugar to plummet and you will drag your sorry donkey (sorry, ass) for the next few hours wondering how you can possibly continue while contemplating retirement at the next checkpoint. It happens to me every time after Stonehouse on the Fellsman, not to mention Courmayeur on UTMB. I remember sitting down as weak as a kitten on the top of Great Knoutberry to eat my own sugary fuel after the substantial feed at Stonehouse, just to get going again. I've grown wise to it. If you have savoury pasta, chase it down with something sweet and substantial like rice pudding and peaches. Oh bum, they don't serve that at Stonehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I felt the urge to copy and paste the checkpoint menu from the fellsman web site. I love the food on this event

ROADSIDE CHECKPOINT MENU 2011

HILL INN: TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, BISCUITS

KINGSDALE: TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, FLAPJACK, BISCUITS

DENT: TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, SAUSAGE/CHEESE & ONION ROLLS, BEANS, BREAD/BUTTER, FRUIT, BISCUITS

STONEHOUSE: TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, PASTA & TOMATO SAUCE, GRATED CHEESE, BREAD/BUTTER, CAKES, JAM, RAISINS, BISCUITS

REDSHAW: TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, HOTDOGS, ONIONS, SAUCES, TOMATO SOUP, CHEESE, BANANA’S, MALT LOAF, BISCUITS

FLEET MOSS: TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, FRESH HOMEMADE VEG SOUP, BREAD/BUTTER, CHEESE, JAM, MARMITE, BISCUITS

CRAY: TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, VARIOUS SANDWICHES, SPAGHETTI HOOPS, RICE PUDDING, FRUIT SALAD, BISCUITS

PARK RASH: TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, HOT CHOCOLATE, COCKTAIL SAUSAGES, BREAD/BUTTER, CAKE, RAISINS, BISCUITS

YARNBURY TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, BISCUITS

I've highlighted all my favourites

Well I'm about as fit as I'm going to be and I'm feeling ready. No weak excuses, sorry but then I'm walking not running :P
    It's a bit like Christmas as a kid, the two weeks before just seem to drag...