Page 41 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellsman

Bobert

Re: Fellsman

Quote Originally Posted by duracell View Post
    First - Jez Bragg 10.50 First lady Saz 13.45 Yours truly 4th 13.10

As far as I can remember anyway ,my brain is as numb as the rest of my body . At least the rain only lasted an hour or two then it turned into a bright ,breezy day .

Many thanks to all the helpers and checkpoint staff
    Fantastic event. A big thanks to all the organisers, the marshalls sat up on the hills all day and night, and not forgetting the catering corps-great choice of food and happy smiling faces at all the road crossings.

Managed to make it back to Threshfield for last orders in 13:59 after wanting to throw in the towel at Fleet Moss. I think Nicky Spinks was second lady, ran the final stages with her. Definitely the best and hardest event i've done to date.

What an awesome event; the support and encouragement from those at the checkpoints was second to none. I expected to lose weight but probably gained half a stone.

A great day out, big thanks to the organisers and all the cheerful marshalls, especially the ones at Buckden Pike whose tent had blown away! 18:15 ish for me (Stolly were you in that large group led by the friendly lady in the blue jacket who passed us just before Yarnbury?)

That Blea Moor hail was a bit grim wasn't it but all in all much better day for me than last year when I dropped out at Stonehouse. Excellent fun and I've raised nearly 500 quid for Cancer Research

Excellent day out again at the Fellsman, really great atmosphere from all the runners and support staff around the course. Then organisers really do a great job, for all the stick they get about the rules they more than make up for it with the food en route.

I finished in 15.19 after going out way too fast, I struggled from Redshaw to Fleet Moss, not being able to eat and feeling very nauseous, I was almost ready for chucking the towel in, but rice pudding and a cheese sandwich sorted me out and by Cray I was going well again. Thanks to all, was nice to see a few forumites and some familiar faces.

Bobert

Quote Originally Posted by Donkarlo View Post
    Excellent day out again at the Fellsman, really great atmosphere from all the runners and support staff around the course. Then organisers really do a great job, for all the stick they get about the rules they more than make up for it with the food en route.

I finished in 15.19 after going out way too fast, I struggled from Redshaw to Fleet Moss, not being able to eat and feeling very nauseous, I was almost ready for chucking the towel in, but rice pudding and a cheese sandwich sorted me out and by Cray I was going well again. Thanks to all, was nice to see a few forumites and some familiar faces.
    Karl

cheers for the words at Redshaw it meant a lot as i was having major doubts at that point. Good to meet up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    A great day out, big thanks to the organisers and all the cheerful marshalls, especially the ones at Buckden Pike whose tent had blown away! 18:15 ish for me (Stolly were you in that large group led by the friendly lady in the blue jacket who passed us just before Yarnbury?)

That Blea Moor hail was a bit grim wasn't it but all in all much better day for me than last year when I dropped out at Stonehouse. Excellent fun and I've raised nearly 500 quid for Cancer Research
    Well done muddy. I dropped out at Stonehouse, just felt weary from the start and strugled to keep up with anyone so thought that it may end up just being a day out for me. So glad you finished this time, you lot were going really well.

I thought the route to stonehouse was pretty spectacular and reminded me how fab the Dales is, so definately going to have a crack at this next year (great event organisation too - thanks all involved!). Next year will have to be fitter so I can be recovered for the fellsman and also must reccy so that I know I can go round on my own and not worry about getting lost. I can only guess that the people who manage to do these ultras to a good level week in week out must be really fit.

Quote Originally Posted by duracell View Post
    First - Jez Bragg 10.50 First lady Saz 13.45 Yours truly 4th 13.10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    I think Nicky Spinks was second lady, ran the final stages with her. Definitely the best and hardest event i've done to date.
    Yes Nicky came in 15 mins behind SAR just under 14.00.

Spoke to Nicky earlier , she had a few jobs to do on the farm

Well done to every one who finished. not heard from the intrepid three who went from my MR team yet. probably still going

Well done everyone, sounds like a grand day out.

Must get myself sorted to do this before it gets too late.

Bobert, good prep for your BG my friend, and I'll be rooting for you as I fly to France for some sun.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Well done everyone. Some great times there! I must admit, when I saw all the hail in Manchester on Friday I felt glad I wasn't doing it this year!

Well done everybody. I struggled round in 16.40 ish. In the end my schedules went out the window and I was happy to finish. I didn't have much idea of what to expect. I have very little knowledge of the area - living near Skegness, doing a reccy is not practical. But now I know for next year not to "run" straight through the middle of Fleet Moss.

It was a brilliant day out and the check point people were all fantastic.