Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Wansfell Race

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    ...A very silly person overtook me at the checkpoint funnel which confused the marshals...It was business as usual as we dropped off the summit
    Confused me too - seems that you passed through the funnel before beginning the descent!
    Good start, though you're going to have to up your game if you want to compete with master Daz.

My review is: Climbed like I'd eaten too much turkey, cheese and booze, had just got past Sarah Mac at the start of the descent and was getting into the downhill groove when I went over on my ankle, double crack job. Jacket on and hobble off the hill, not run since but swelling and bruising has subsided and the biking weather's not been too bad.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Who's in then?

Just trawled the results for my pb, seems to be 27.13. Rob jebb has been very consistent at this race! I'm going to try and follow Mike t's descent advice and pop a sub 27, not that I'll be able to make sense with my eyes full of tears, rain and sweat, and my legs burning. If I reach the top compus mentus, it'll be a saturnalia miracle. It all looks so simple on Google earth...

Jubilee Plunge for me on 27th I'm afraid.

Downhill race from the summit...

Cheers to all the team today, great to see it was still on. Didn't have a very quick run, took the usual route off, but had a good look at the route Mike T advised and will try it next year i think. There doesn't look to be a lot in it time-wise.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Entries are now open for the best short race in christmas fell running. I mean consumermas, the year's biggest consumer event disguised as the birthday of the world's oldest celebrity after dinner speaker.

Thanks to the marshals today, utterly wretched conditions, won't be going up in this kind of weather again. Very hard to stay upright on the way down, never seen it so slippery. Everyone was in the same boat, don't recall seeing anyone change places on the descent. I had so much left in the tank at the road i dusted about 7 between the stile and the finish.

Agreed, it wasnt very pleasant today, even though i was working pretty hard and had a base layer on I was still a bit cold on the climb further up. The descent was certainly slippy, bum sliding was utilised in a few places and fell over a couple of other times as well, made up 3 places though. One junior flew past me and looking at the results he went from 28th to 14th with the 2nd fastest descent so he certainly made the most of the conditions and his youthful lack of care for potential injury.
    Last edited by Croberts; 28-12-2022 at 08:29 AM.

Master
    The fastest descent was 4.49 - unbelievably quick. Well done to all in those challenging conditions.

Sub 5m is very nice going, especially nice on such soggy ground. I had decided not to even bother going for it after the grassy traverse, the lower bit is the worst and i'd never have forgiven myself if i'd have gone down on my buggered hamstring. I need to try a pair of LSR Talons on that descent some time, maybe next year.