Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: Summer on the Fells??

  1. #31
    Master Al Fowler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    7,688

    Re: Summer on the Fells??

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    what happened on Georges BG
    I heard a few got told off for having a pint in their hand and being stood on keswicks main street waiting for them

    Just to explain for tom - you arent allowed to drink on the streets.

  2. #32
    Master XRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Down south now
    Posts
    2,684

    Re: Summer on the Fells??

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    LWDA events are always very long.
    Labor and Workforce Development Agency?
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

  3. #33
    I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wherever you find me is where I will be
    Posts
    5,653

    Re: Summer on the Fells??

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    If you can get in the loft im sure you can act 18.
    Your argument hangs on the flawed premise that Tom's entry into the Loft was down to his ability to act 18.

    Liking the Duddon idea. Seems to be summery enough, but outside the main season. So what? We find our own accommodation as per XOTF, then hit the town?

    Okay, means less organisation on my part *breathes sigh of relief*. I guess 'Fell-Fest' would take a bit more than the couple of months we'd effectively have get off the ground.

    And yes Steve, social runs are the future, so if TT can't act 18...tumbleweed...maybe he can have another crack up Sharp Edge.

    So what next, do I hire a PA?
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

    http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

  4. #34
    Grandmaster + stevefoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ripponden
    Posts
    17,182

    Re: Summer on the Fells??

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    I heard a few got told off for having a pint in their hand and being stood on keswicks main street waiting for them

    Just to explain for tom - you arent allowed to drink on the streets.
    I had a bottle of Nuclear Broon, then a pint of Guinness in the street after leg 5, nobody saw me roight
    Hills and Guinness!

  5. #35
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    LEEDS
    Posts
    6,022

    Re: Summer on the Fells??

    Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    Your argument hangs on the flawed premise that Tom's entry into the Loft was down to his ability to act 18.

    Liking the Duddon idea. Seems to be summery enough, but outside the main season. So what? We find our own accommodation as per XOTF, then hit the town?

    Okay, means less organisation on my part *breathes sigh of relief*. I guess 'Fell-Fest' would take a bit more than the couple of months we'd effectively have get off the ground.

    And yes Steve, social runs are the future, so if TT can't act 18...tumbleweed...maybe he can have another crack up Sharp Edge.

    So what next, do I hire a PA?
    Haha.....il be 18 then.....
    Duddon im up for that
    I thought Al was your bitch so he can be your secretary
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

  6. #36
    Orange Pony Hanneke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Black Mountains...
    Posts
    6,310

    Re: Summer on the Fells??

    You need a date and a list

    I for sure won't be able to do anything in the summer.Working weekends, almost every weekend,all weekend, from Easter onwards. Had a hard enough time getting Easter off last year to do Anni Waltz and the weekend of the 3 Peaks CX...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

  7. #37
    Grandmaster + stevefoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ripponden
    Posts
    17,182

    Re: Summer on the Fells??

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    A BG would be ideal for a social run...but we couldnt keep stopping and posing for photos and having a chat.....well...merry couldnt anyway.


    BUT...we wouldnt all be together if it was set around merrys BG as we'd obviously be on different legs (but if it was a race we wouldnt all be together anyway).
    But #2.....if it was on the BG we wouldnt be able to do a social thing after it because of the time differences we'd all be running...whereas if it was a race it would give everyone the chance to be together in the evening.
    Aye, pick a different weekend, i'll most likely be a bit knackered after
    Hills and Guinness!

  8. #38
    Master Stef F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oop North at last!!!
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: Summer on the Fells??

    Timetable permitting I'd be up for this
    Impossible is nothing!
    My blog

  9. #39
    Master Al Fowler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    7,688

    Re: Summer on the Fells??

    When is duddon?

  10. #40
    Grandmaster + stevefoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ripponden
    Posts
    17,182

    Re: Summer on the Fells??

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    When is duddon?
    Usually end of May Al.
    Hills and Guinness!

Similar Threads

  1. Summer on the Fells
    By southernsoftie in forum Recce
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 24-05-2010, 08:10 PM
  2. What I'll Do This Summer?
    By MightyCodpiece in forum Beginners
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-04-2009, 03:26 PM
  3. Summer 08
    By Rodders rambler in forum General chat!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 08:20 PM
  4. Hat for summer
    By Silly Big Fella in forum Equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-07-2008, 03:49 PM
  5. Summer is here....
    By Egglett in forum General Fellrunning Issues
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •