Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Preseli Beast!!

Senior Member Happy on the hills's Avatar

The Preseli Beast!!

Attachment 6785 For those wanting to try something different why not try the newly hatched Preseli Beast in Pembrokeshire on April 27th!
    It's a cracking off road course over 23.5 miles, with approx 4,700 ft, with views of the Preseli hills, and the stunning Newport bay. There'll be water/feed stations, and some cheerfull marshalls to encourage you on in various places . There's speicially printed T-shirts, a goody bag, memento, soup, cake, and tea/coffee for all competitors. The website for more details and the entry form is at http://preselibeast.wordpress.com/ There's even a 6km partly off-road family waymarked route for those supporting loved ones who have time on their hands. 'Can you tame the Beast?' If you think not, then you might be interested in tackling the 'Beast Bach!' ('Bach' is Welsh for small) It's a 10 mile mini version of the main event for those who want a taster of what it's like.

This'll be a good excuse to come to Pembrokeshire for something different, and still have time to go to the beach afterwards. Happy days.
    Always happy on the hills

Re: The Preseli Beast!!

We'll be there - for the criac.
    Can we come on the Friday??
    When all else fails and your soul needs a lift - head to the hills

I'm going to have to race - haven't done one of them in over 5 years :w00t:.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

That looks great. Can't do it though, as it clashes with the Highlander MM. Maybe 2014!
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

A race in my back yard !! But Im gutted as work is taking me to Brecon over the weekend - I cant even do the Fellsman now - I will have to come up with some sort of plan if possible.

Is there a route trace aywhere?
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Quote Originally Posted by sore legs View Post
    A race in my back yard !! Where you from Then Paul?I'm intruiged? But Im gutted as work is taking me to Brecon over the weekend - I cant even do the Fellsman now - I will have to come up with some sort of plan if possible. I'm sure you will?? We all do:wink:
    Is there a route trace aywhere?
    There will be soon?I'm keeping everyone guessing for the moment though!:wink:
    It's a shame that so many races clash, but I had to put it in somewhere in the calendar

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I'm going to have to race - haven't done one of them in over 5 years :w00t:.
    Crikey Moley that's radical !!

I may have to too - not sure which one though...

"not sure which one though...[/QUOTE]" What?? As if you were going to do anything less than the Beast Rob. lol:wink: Doubt there'll be any new tops for you to bag though Rob, but you never know. There are a few hidden gems which rarely get visited.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy on the hills View Post
    There will be soon?I'm keeping everyone guessing for the moment though!:wink:
    It's a shame that so many races clash, but I had to put it in somewhere in the calendar
    By back yard, I mean where I am currently living which is Haverfordwest (just near the cricket club) so this would only be 20 mins away as compared to travelling 2 hours to around Brecon Beacons / Black Mountains.

As you say I will come up with a plan. Its looking increasingly like not being able to do the Fellsman as I will be working near Brecon on Exercise, so hopefully I can sneak back for just one day that weekend, but I have also seen that Cribyn is that same day so I will have to see what I can magic up with work.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Preperations are going well for this inaugrual event. The wife has been working hard on the T-shirt design which are going to be awesome! Nearly got all the trophies sponsored, and the list of 'cake bakers' is growing. I took a local who's training for the Beast out on Saturday for 17miles of it, and he came back grining from ear to ear! And he's only just got into off road running! Ah, the joy of the fells.