Page 158 of 357 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

This is more like it!!

good to see everybody getting on like a house on fire...

Support now for the Theatres/Cinemas.
    It seems cheaper to support them when they are closed than when they are open
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    At the heart of our malaise is the conundrum all too frequently visible in media which is no longer worth reading because of it.

There is a code of beliefs all must seemingly accept..
    To list a few - NHS is beyond reproach, chronically underfunded, staffed by angels. All businessmen are corrupt tax dodgers. All Businesses screw pensions and employees. EU is wonderful, brexiters are racist. There is an unlimited sum of money to be spent on public services easily printed that those rotten tories want to give to their donors. The Pm is an idiot who single handledly doubled COVID. But for billionaires all would have lots of money.

You know the stuff.

The problem is of course the world is not so simple.

But to contest any of the beliefs is not treated as a pleasant difference of opinion,
    the left seems to think it has moral superiority, so that anyone contesting is not just disagreeing but is utter moral slime. And that is why the arguments get out of hand.

The belief that non believers are morally deficient.
    Actually the reason I dislike free movement and Euro is I care about the damage it does.

This forum is mild. The origin of the antisemitism crisis in labour is the willingness of the left and momentum to attack disbelievers in their cause in every inhuman way possible.
    I dont think they targetted jews. They targetted everyone who failed to hold the creed

The forum also has a history problem. Witton and I had every reason to believe a new poster was an incarnation of an old one based on provable history. I am sorry we jumped on flem. But we had a reasonable case.
    Flem of course had no knowledge of that history.

Until the believers in the cause accept that there are valid disagreements
    and that uttering them doesnt make someone racist or slime, it will always get out of hand.

For my part, my identity is known by most. A secret held in plain view.
    I am actually a private person who does not relish limelight
    which is why some of the things I have done come as a surprise to some - it has even challenged their beliefs about my identity since they had no idea I had done them.

I thought I might put some economic sense into some of the discusssions.
    Sadly that makes me slime.

I am happy talking running, which is mostly all I can do now. like many forummites my best running days are gone.

I too have spent many days on hills with forummites and I woudl rather talk about that.

I was jumped on for talking about arrenig fawr.
    Actually if anyone had asked about any other race in wales I could have said little about it.
    That was different.

One of the organising team used to come for a cuppa at my house
    on the way or way back. My training partner marshalled every year.
    I knew about that race.

Indeed, I really did help start a now booming biotech lab. I really have owned a portfolio of houses because in our crazy world I am not allowed to put money in a pension! It is part of the unfairness I feel, the bias to public sector. I have done coding of moon images, it is part of my expertise with ESA
    I have put telescopes on mountains and sold industrial hi tech on most continents So on. I owned a robotics company. And others besides.
    I even wrote an accounts and forecasting package on spreadsheets and sold it for a while. I do not have a one dimensional life.

I have helped organise a lot of races in the back room.

Behind the scenes I help people.
    One of the nicest things ever said to me was by the late Daz H who knew some of what I did he said - You are always helping somebody!

Why would I make any of it up?

But it is not practical to argue with a left who think all who disagree are slime.

I would rather talk about running.

And by the way, I do have arthritis in my fingers - and everywhere else - it is why I gave up golf in my twenties. So posting is really hard for me on a mobile phone. And that is why much of the grammar gets lost. It is too hard to correct an autocorrector or even do apostrophes on a mobile phone
    Last edited by Oracle; 06-07-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Sigh.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Sigh.
    Consider the truth of it wheeze. It is why all the arguments on brexit, the economy, corona etc get out of hand. Not just on this forum. On twitter and everywhere else.

I suggested to Brett that ALL political posting was stopped. Those in favour of the creed, not just those against it. Why is that not the answer.
    In amongst this I have 100 pleasant conversations about races for those who are willing to do it - who share a passion for such as the old trollers trot. I would rather do that.
    Last edited by Oracle; 06-07-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Meanwhile in the Chinese autonomous region of Inner Mongolia, something worse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-53303457

At least bubonic plague can be treated. That is until the bacteria that causes it eventually becomes resistant to antibiotics.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    good to see everybody getting on like a house on fire...

Burn baby burn, disco inferno...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M

Ohhhhh yeahhh
    Am Yisrael Chai

The only way to escape from the relentless pursuit of Oracle -> https://youtu.be/KyR7XB0VBPM