Page 182 of 303 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 3022

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Quite odd. I have had 3 Pfizer (+ my flu) jabs and I forgot them all as I walked out of the door.
    You're a hard man though Graham. I am a mere southern softie.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    You're a hard man though Graham. I am a mere southern softie.
    Ha ha.

But once you've had injections for Yellow Fever and more...
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    13.87 miles, 3,851 feet, 4 hours 45 minutes: Elterwater - Swinescar Pike - Blea Rigg - Sergeant Man - High Raise - Thunacar Knott - Pavey Ark - Stickle Tarn - Blea Rigg - Swinesacr Pike - Lang How - Silver How - Elterwater. Initially cloudy with some patches of blue sky, but it soon became much more overcast and misty with the cloud base lowering to about 500 feet. A cool breeze on the tops, and it was drizzly in the mist, but it wasn't cold and I did not need my waterproof top. Terrain wet and very slippery. I saw perhaps two dozen walkers on the fells.

I took the wrong path off High Raise, hence the circuitous return route. In other words I was "lost" for a bit. Luckily I realised this almost straight away, and when I got to Thunacar Knott worked out where I was. I did of course have my GPS watch with me, but I have never used it to navigate.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Quite odd. I have had 3 Pfizer (+ my flu) jabs and I forgot them all as I walked out of the door.
    The incidence of Covid vaccine side-effects does reduce with age - both the minor ones (for example a sore arm, headaches), and the major ones (blood clots with AZ, myocarditis with Pfizer).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Mike T....

Any news on whether the Wansfell race may (or may not) be going ahead over the xmas period?
    From the AAC newsletter:

Wansfell 27/12: It's back! That late Christmas present you always wanted! We're looking forward to hosting the Wansfell race again in 2021. Mark it in your diary and look out for more info on volunteering soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    From the AAC newsletter:

Wansfell 27/12: It's back! That late Christmas present you always wanted! We're looking forward to hosting the Wansfell race again in 2021. Mark it in your diary and look out for more info on volunteering soon.

Great, thanks Mike...

Possibility of not making it, as i'm likely to be in Coventry xmas/boxing day. then travel back up to Lakes on the 27/28th... was rather hoping Wansfell would be on the 28/29th.

Well i've heard that Nine Standards should be on New Years Day, so hoping to be there.

Master
    10.1 miles, 743 feet, 1 hour 49 minutes: Under Loughrigg Rd and Bog Lane laps - all on tarmac in other words. Overcast, constant light to moderate rain, blustery at times. No flooding - yet. I wasn't cold, but then I had all over waterproofs on, with two layers underneath top and bottom. I saw about two dozen walkers on Under Loughrigg, and three runners - two of them wearing shorts.

Master
    12.42 miles, 3,323 feet, 4 hours 24 minutes: Elterwater - Swinescar Pike (around) - Sergeant Man - High Raise - Sergeant Man - Swinescar Pike (over) - Lang How - Silver How - Elterwater. Very sunny, scattered high clouds hiding some of the high tops, including High Raise. A cool breeze at times. No rain, terrain wet and slippery. Lots of walkers on the fells; parking areas and town busy.

In my ignorance I thought High White Stones was the secondary top south of Low White Stones and north east of the highest point, but from Wainwright: "High White Stones (is) the name of a small area of grey boulders which includes the summit".

You don't know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    The incidence of Covid vaccine side-effects does reduce with age - both the minor ones (for example a sore arm, headaches), and the major ones (blood clots with AZ, myocarditis with Pfizer).
    Well, I got both my booster (Pfizer) and my flujab today. My son said I was daft to do these together, but it got it done.
    Unfortunatly this meant I couldn't run the excellent Burley Moor run, but I did manage to do the Chevin Forest parkrun. That's a beast of a parkrun.
    So far, not feeling too bad, but drinking beer - so I can claim it's just a hangover in the morning.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Well, I got both my booster (Pfizer) and my flujab today. My son said I was daft to do these together, but it got it done.
    Unfortunatly this meant I couldn't run the excellent Burley Moor run, but I did manage to do the Chevin Forest parkrun. That's a beast of a parkrun.
    So far, not feeling too bad, but drinking beer - so I can claim it's just a hangover in the morning.
    You will be pleased to know there is an article in the Lancet showing that having the two vaccinations together is both safe and effective. Another article looked at deaths in Scotland in vaccinated vs unvaccinated people - it showed a huge reduction in deaths with the vaccine, surprise surprise.