Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New FRA Website

I too appreciate and applaud the work that others have put into the new website and my only criticism is that the Forum should have been more prominent.

I have found though that if I google "FRA Forum" it brings it up straight away, avoiding the main website.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I too appreciate and applaud the work that others have put into the new website and my only criticism is that the Forum should have been more prominent.

I have found though that if I google "FRA Forum" it brings it up straight away, avoiding the main website.
    Just bookmark the forum
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    By the way is the runner in the new logo wearing very short shorts or a micro miniskirt?
    I've always taken it to be a skort, like in hockey. There's also a suggestion of a sports bra, and the shoulders are narrow for a man. I reckon it's based on a woman, but drawn to be gender neutral.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I've always taken it to be a skort, like in hockey. There's also a suggestion of a sports bra, and the shoulders are narrow for a man. I reckon it's based on a woman, but drawn to be gender neutral.
    Two more observations.

The upper part of the body looks to be running away from, whilst the lower part is running towards one.

By the look of the hands I think the runner might be singing The Birdy Song!

I must also say that I hadn't previously taken much notice of the change but the "fern" was far better.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I'm not really for changing long-standing badges/logos/etc, but to be honest i'm not sure i've ever really noticed the FRA logo (except for on my car sticker!) so it doesn't bother me personally.

A couple of years ago a marketing team were bought in to "modernise" Coventry City FC's badge... this was met with really strong opposition from the fans and the idea was thrown out. Happened at a number of other clubs as well.

I might wear a skort for my next boxing day fancy dress run up Whinberry Naze. It would be nice to see what all the fuss is about, and why the hockey lot prefer them to shorts.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

All this whinging about navigational difficulties! I thought we were fell runners and good at nav?!🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Which prompts me to recall an exchange in The Magnificent Ambersons - a wonderful book by Booth Tarkington and a masterful film directed and scripted by Orson Welles - at a dinner between two characters George, and Eugene who builds early automobiles.

GEORGE: I said automobiles were a nuisance. They’ll never amount to anything but a nuisance. They had no business to be invented.

EUGENE (laughing): I’m not sure George is wrong about automobiles. With all their speed forward they may be a step backward in civilization. It may be that they won’t add to the beauty of the world, nor to the life of men’s souls. I am not sure. But automobiles have come, and almost all outward things are going to be different because of what they bring. They’re going to alter war, and they’re going to alter peace. I think men’s minds are going to be changed in subtle ways because of automobiles. And it may be that George is right. It may be that ten or twenty years from now, if we can see the inward change in men by that time, I shouldn’t be able to defend the gasoline engine, but would have to agree with him that automobiles “had no business to be invented” (politely takes leave)

~~~

What I always think is so marvellous about the speech is that, in essence, it was written in 1918.

And how do we now view the "gasoline engine"?
    There's a great quote from Wainwright about the expansion of roads in the lakes from about 1968. That sums up the benefits of the 'gasoline' engine rather well.

Someone has stolen our old logo

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 18.59.57.png
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Where have all the old results gone from the FRA website? Can't find em.