Page 408 of 553 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    To be fair Sir Bob had a stellar career as a manager so it's only natural that he should use that knowledge and have a major say in appointing a manager
    What I do like is the papers and journalists criticising Man Utd for being unprofessional in releasing the rumours early..

When they didn't.. the press did, the very journalists who are now attacking the club.. they must have known about the CL qualification clause which would be triggered by the loss at Everton...

I do think United would have preferred to let the season end but once speculation grew they couldn't say his job was safe when they knew he was gone..

Its funny how Moyes so wildly loved whilst at Everton, then hated, is now the nations favourite dignified professional.. He'll get a job again no problem though. I'd go with Villa, I think Lamberts on his last legs and that would be a good club for him to go to, them or Newcastle.

I work with Everton season ticket holders and to say that he was wildly loved is way off the mark. The reason they turned against him was the way he and Fergie conieved to set him up for the job.He would not sign a new contract so fee needed. He even visited united training ground while still there. No problem getting a job 11 years at Everton won nothing, 10 months at united could not even complete a full season some cv. Are you hoping that he will go to Newcastle so you can sign up Pardrew now theres a manager who go down fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    What I do like is the papers and journalists criticising Man Utd for being unprofessional in releasing the rumours early.
    Is that a Mourinhoism? - “What I do like” actually means “What I don’t like”!

As much as I loathe the media, it was actually the League Managers' Association that criticised United for being unprofessional.

LMA Chief Executive, Richard Bevan said:
    "Throughout his time at United, David, as he always does, has conducted himself with integrity and professionalism, values that he believes in and that have been strongly associated with the club and its rich tradition. It is therefore sad to see the end of David's tenure at United being handled in an unprofessional manner.”

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Is that a Mourinhoism? - “What I do like” actually means “What I don’t like”!

As much as I loathe the media, it was actually the League Managers' Association that criticised United for being unprofessional.

LMA Chief Executive, Richard Bevan said:
    "Throughout his time at United, David, as he always does, has conducted himself with integrity and professionalism, values that he believes in and that have been strongly associated with the club and its rich tradition. It is therefore sad to see the end of David's tenure at United being handled in an unprofessional manner.”
    They have all ran with it though, no commentary..

There has been plenty of commentary against Moyes and United when him or the club have made statements..

I'm not sure what the club did wrong... they sacked someone and paid him 5 million or so...

Whilst I wanted him to get longer (if backed), I do think clubs have a right to set targets and sack if those fall short.. Mancini finishing second is different to Moyes finishing 7th and out of the CL.. his contract was pretty clear. I think come monday everyone knew he was out of the door so the club were forced to act ASAP... Maybe they were 12 hours too late because of press rumours but the guy got 5 million...

I think its the players who have acted worst in this..

Super Moderator
    I wonder if Man Utd might struggle to get a manager. It's not as attractive task as it was a year ago and realistically how many of the half dozen or so men on the planet who could do the job are available. Tick tock . . .
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Good players don't always become good managers. Good managers don't always become good manager talent scouts. Let's see...

Super Moderator
    I can see a situation where Giggsy does a Di Matteo

Banned
    Well at least the wife cheating manager stood a little closer to the razor this morning.
    I wish him the same success as Moyes and hope the players continue as they have done all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I wonder if Man Utd might struggle to get a manager. It's not as attractive task as it was a year ago and realistically how many of the half dozen or so men on the planet who could do the job are available. Tick tock . . .
    I think its much more attractive.. last season you were replacing the greatest ever with a title winning team.. now its the man after with a team sat 7th.. much less pressure.

But yeah It will be hard to attract someone, who wants to be paid 2-3 million a year to manage manchester united.. :-)

Super Moderator
    Who's your money on Iain? Van den Gaal, Ancelloti, Giggs or maybe a real surprise?