Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Foel fras

Re: Foel Fras

Went for a blast on the race route yesterday and the path repairs really shocked me time wise. I got up to the summit in a time of 43:29 and decended back down to the finish in a time of 18:00 dead. but the only thing is i decended naked so was very aerodynamic so doubtfull ill beat the record in the race. or get selected for that matter as they dont allow birthday suits on race day

Good running ifs,

Did you sort out your slovenia visa?

Details here:
    http://e-uprava.gov.si/e-uprava/portal.euprava

Just copied this from the Serpentine website: 'Will any runners who have holidayed in Wales please inform Welsh Athletics'..

..interesting..

World long now in doubt on Saturday in Slovenia - it's all kicking off again in the Balkans:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/special_report/1225851.stm

Quote Originally Posted by gafrymynydd View Post
    Went for a blast on the race route yesterday and the path repairs really shocked me time wise. I got up to the summit in a time of 43:29 and decended back down to the finish in a time of 18:00 dead. but the only thing is i decended naked so was very aerodynamic so doubtfull ill beat the record in the race. or get selected for that matter as they dont allow birthday suits on race day
    Incredible ascent Ifs - aye apparently that new section of path has meant most people's Wyddfa times will be at least 5 minutes quicker just for the ascents.

Also more Wyddfa news - a big party planned in the slate quarries on the night of the race, should be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by RhosgadMath View Post
    Just copied this off WA website:

"Due to inconsistent form over recent months it has been decided to use The Great Orme fell race on Tuesday 14th June as the official trial race for the Welsh team for the 2011 International Snowdon Race".

Interesting move.
    oh well thats my dream comeback f#*cked then as i wont be able to do the trial race.
    RE; footpath.
    those new footpath improvments are really going to show some quick times this year.if the railway section is also used then this has to be the quickest that the route has been in many years if not ever.

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    oh well thats my dream comeback f#*cked then as i wont be able to do the trial race.
    RE; footpath.
    those new footpath improvments are really going to show some quick times this year.if the railway section is also used then this has to be the quickest that the route has been in many years if not ever.
    Sorry Dyl I was wrong, just spoken to Arwel - he states there using the first 3 in the Deganwy Dash as well as Rich, here's the results:

http://www.deganwydash.co.uk/deganwy...1_Results.html

Quote Originally Posted by RhosgadMath View Post
    Sorry Dyl I was wrong, just spoken to Arwel - he states there using the first 3 in the Deganwy Dash as well as Rich, here's the results:

http://www.deganwydash.co.uk/deganwy...1_Results.html
    No change of plan, just off the phone with Arwel, they've gone back to the fertile grounds for success they used in the past and gone for a Pen dream team again...that was the 90's secret to success so it's:

Near and then surprise call ups for Gary Rhys (if fit), Russel Owen and SPJ.

Also more Wyddfa news - a big party planned in the slate quarries on the night of the race, should be a good one.[/QUOTE]

Hope it's a trance/techno party, and a "if your fully clothed, your not coming in" policy!! they really are my kind of parties..............Doh!!!! :thumbup:

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Hey Shorty, how's it going?

Just wondering if you would like your trip to Slovenia to be funded only by Welsh speaking athletes, born to Welsh parents, who have lived & worked their entire lives in Wales, or will you take anyone's money?

With all these runners of yesteryear getting call-ups, I might get myself into my garage & look out a pair of fell shoes.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner View Post
    With all these runners of yesteryear getting call-ups, I might get myself into my garage & look out a pair of fell shoes.
    Come on, let's keep this thread serious...

You planning on a return, you were in good shape at the Slateman?

Word is 'Shorty' got a 12 month ban for 'undue influence of selectors'...not sure quite what that was about?