Page 62 of 303 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

our good friends at South Yorkshire Police would appear to be outdoing themselves yet again... on their crusade last night, amongst other things, they apprehended a man doing his daily exercise whilst "wearing casual jeans"...

Now i certainly wouldn't class going out walking down the street as exercise, but some might, so i'm not too sure why the police think that they can "police" what people's levels of exercise should be...

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    our good friends at South Yorkshire Police would appear to be outdoing themselves yet again... on their crusade last night, amongst other things, they apprehended a man doing his daily exercise whilst "wearing casual jeans"...
    As usual I put on a suit and tie for this morning's brisk walk. I wouldn't want the plebs in this neighbourhood seeing me improperly dressed.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    9.48 miles, 2,660 feet, 2 hours 21 minutes, over and around Loughrigg. Only 1 other person on the fell, though a few couples/family looking groups on the minor roads. Cold breeze; lovely in the sun.

Now i certainly wouldn't class going out walking down the street as exercise, but some might, so i'm not too sure why the police think that they can "police" what people's levels of exercise should be...
    It must be a quandary for those going down from Cambridge each year with their Double Firsts. Should I try for the Foreign Office - or join South Yorkshire Police?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Road bike for a quick 20k.
    Got soaked to the skin in first 3k.

Stamped on the pedals and average 26.5mph with 250m ascent.

That's my best average and not bad for a15 stone lad.

Personally I feel the rain lowered my rolling resistance.

Just posted 101k for this week.
    In good old Daz H style I spent longer cleaning and lubricating the bike than the ride took.

He taught me well. (GT85)

Perhaps had he been wearing 'smart jeans ' he would have been OK.

I once did a trail race in France wearing shorts, rumnning vest and a flat cap, do you think that would pass muster in South Yorkshire?.

Today PDE was an 8 mile walk with son and dogs out to Magpie Mine, on to Monyash and back home via Lathkill Dale. Sunny with a cool breeze. One of those days when the jacket was regularly on and off.

The first Early Purple Orchids are out in Lathkill Dale and look absolutely fantastic.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Today
    The first Early Purple Orchids are out in Lathkill Dale and look absolutely fantastic.
    Been out for a couple of weeks here
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    We have a little patch of them up in the wood, first flower buds visible, maybe open later this week if we have sun. Bluebells are out but not as good as last year.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Master
    9 miles, 2,200 ft, 2 hours 6 minutes, along the Wansfell Ridge and back. On the OS map I have, Wansfell (true top) is not mentioned, although it does say Baystones nearby, but, crucially north of a wall. By eye, and by Garmin, Wansfell is just higher than Baystones (by 8 ft according to GPS). Wainwright does not mention Baystones.
    About 15 people on the fell today, the most I have seen since lockdown began.