Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Round Hill Fell Race

Just a minor Fishwicking from me running this after the Turner Landscape. Think it just meant I was slower in both races, but a fun weekend. Loved the rain too.

Good to meet you again Darren, and hope you'll be back to try more Otley/Ilkey races.
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    it was good to chat with you in the last mile Darren. You were running well to say it's not your ideal course and you'd raced on Saturday (of course!) and were on nights!
    Hi Ben, I remember pulling up along the side of you on the final run in and thinking it's now or never. I tried to push it on and you matched me then showed me a clean pair of heels. Well done mate you finished really strong, excellent stuff.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoF View Post
    Just a minor Fishwicking from me running this after the Turner Landscape. Think it just meant I was slower in both races, but a fun weekend. Loved the rain too.

Good to meet you again Darren, and hope you'll be back to try more Otley/Ilkey races.
    Hiya DinoF, always nice to see a friendly familiar face and I will definitely be back to sample more in the area, excellent organisation and a good bunch of people, what more could you ask for. Take care and good luck with the mega run in Anglesey.
    Last edited by Tindersticks; 11-08-2014 at 10:43 AM.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Thanks, Darren. By the way, entries for the Lakeland 50 open on September 1st!
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Its come round again - Sunday 11.00 at Timble, north of Otley -http://otleyac.org.uk/round-hill-fell-race/. Lovely runnable course over quiet moors.

and perhaps some very small bogs!

Round Hill Fell Race – Sunday 8th August 2021

It’s on (unless we get another Covid wave…) Sunday 8th August

8.7 miles / 1100ft, 11.00 am, age limit of 18yrs & older only – A Tour of Blubberhouses Moor, visiting Round Hill and a couple of bogs….and no they won’t have dried out!, (apart from 2018, that is… , the exception proves the rule �� .

Entries and parking at Timble village, entry on the day only – £5, entries close 10.45am to give time to get to the start by 11.00am…and remember, there are a couple of bogs!

Yes Folks: Its the fabulous Round Hill Fell race next Sunday, offering bogs, mud and fine views of Ilkley. About 4 miles from the nearest train station. I'll be there taking your entries and then you can beat me in the race. Mr Cardinale will be there selling autographs!

And having just checked the website, it's going to be run clockwise!
    For 2023 the 20th edition of the Round Hill fell race, the route will be run in a clockwise direction.

For 2023 the checkpoints below will be visiting in the following order No. 1, (start), 5, 4, 3 , 2 & 1 (finish)

1. Start/Finish Timble Village Cross Roads – GR 170531
    2. Round Hill 123533;
    3. Path/Track Jcn 118516;
    4. Path/Track Jcn 138514;
    5. EllarCarr Pike 159523

So there will be a big climb up Round Hill!

Well most of you missed a lovely race! I know who you are as I was registering runners in, which unfortunately took longer than I expected - so I missed the start and wasn't able to run.
    This meant I could help at the finish which was new to me. Lovely to receive a gentle introduction to the dark art of fell race organisation from Andrew R. What was even finer was that Antonio put on one of his better performances and finished 20 minutes faster than last year (when I was sweeper) - so less hanging around at the death. Don't worry - he was still last.
    I can tell you a very funny story about a head of the field runner who lost a prize winning place due to some unfortunate poo issues!