Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast

Thread: Money, the root of all evil.

Re: Money, the root of all evi

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinjured View Post

In any event - provided CL does not post here again - neither wiill I
    So, an inability to spell is compounded by a proclivity to break promises overlaid by a rampant egotism and an unquenchable desire to opine your views to all who venture near this thread?

What does your therapist say about all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Cane View Post
    So, an inability to spell is compounded by a proclivity to break promises overlaid by a rampant egotism and an unquenchable desire to opine your views to all who venture near this thread?

CL is that you or are you really a different but obnoxious person? I'm done with the forum, it's not good for my blood pressure! Oh and by the way I won't ever believe Paula Radcliffe is a drug cheat. And until someone demonstrates with evidence (the only thing that matters) I'm willing to give mo haile and kinenisa the benefit of the doubt.
    Effective leadership is putting first things first. Effective management is discipline, carrying it out.

alwaysinjured

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Cane View Post

Stagger and a variety of others suggested this thread should be allowed to die.

I observed that had not happened, nothing more - despite CL and myself leaving it alone.

Disappointing that it descends into posts as yours containing nothing of substance at all, only insults. . I have often wondered why some people abuse the anonymity of forums to say what thy would never dream of saying face to face, and without any of the research needed to comment objectively. That was my main accusation against CL commenting on such as farah in defamatory terms when clearly knowing nothing about him, nor you of me. A new member should post more constructively.
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 01-09-2013 at 11:02 PM.

A new member
    pies

Master

Quote Originally Posted by TonyArcherton View Post
    CL is that you or are you really a different but obnoxious person? I'm done with the forum, it's not good for my blood pressure! Oh and by the way I won't ever believe Paula Radcliffe is a drug cheat. And until someone demonstrates with evidence (the only thing that matters) I'm willing to give mo haile and kinenisa the benefit of the doubt.
    I've never ever had more than one name on here unlike some. I've never needed to because I'm prepared to put my money where my mouth is. I'm also prepared to say what I think to anyone polite enough to ask, face to face.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinjured View Post
    Stagger and a variety of others suggested this thread should be allowed to die.

I observed that had not happened, nothing more - despite CL and myself leaving it alone.

Disappointing that it descends into posts as yours containing nothing of substance at all, only insults. . I have often wondered why some people abuse the anonymity of forums to say what thy would never dream of saying face to face, and without any of the research needed to comment objectively. That was my main accusation against CL commenting on such as farah in defamatory terms when clearly knowing nothing about him, nor you of me. A new member should post more constructively.
    You started the insults AI so its a bit hypocritical expecting others to remain silent. In fact you are still having a snide dig at every opportunity like Tony Archerton and that grey conformist, Nikalas.

The debate has run it's course and nobody seems interested anymore, so best move on.

pies

CL is that you
    No, didn't look like him. It was the use of the words "opine" and "proclivity" which raised my eyebrows.

You need to be wary on here, it's a web of deceit, shadows and lies I tell ya
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    No, didn't look like him. It was the use of the words "opine" and "proclivity" which raised my eyebrows.

You need to be wary on here, it's a web of deceit, shadows and lies I tell ya

fancy words and an avatar reference to a 1960's foreign film.....hmmmmm I wonder who that might be

alwaysinjured

Is this the right thread for this?

The entire episode since christmas demonstrates just how unfit mcquaid is to lead anything.
    Cycling cannot begin to heal until he is history.

If that was not already evident to everyone, then McQuaids statement about Cooksons manifesto proved it - McQuaid called that manifesto " half baked" because the proposed and much needed splitting of doping function off UCI He said was "outside WADA rules", obliging WADA to make a statement that mcquaid was wrong, McQuaid had even not asked WADA before using it to attack Cookson.

McQuaid has systematically picked arguments with all of the organisations with whom he should work, from WADA, the country doping federations such as USADA, the professional teams organisation, he was even persona non grata at the tour at one time because of the fights he picked with ASO . He even sued Howman of WADA and numerous others.
    On the armstrong affair he was more interested in authority and blocking USADA than getting the right outcome.

He also picked a fight with the wrong man. The russian billionaire Owner of Katusha ( purito's team ) has vowed to fund all legal means to stop him being reelected through the courts - which is why some consider CAS should rule first - until the Sep27 constitutional amendment vote happens it is hard to know what they could ruleon.

Don't know if anyone saw it, but He did the prize giving at a US mountain bike event, and was booed by the entire audience! The fans almost all hate him.

He treats UCI as his personal fiefdom. Cookson sitting on the management committee is not allowed to know how much McQuaid is paid, but still has to sign accounts. I reckon Mugabe must be his organisational/ election advisor. No worse of course than the IOC, FIFA and the rest: they should all be replaced by properly democratic institutions.

That the asian federations are refusing to even meet cookson before voting for a so far unnominated McQuaid makes you wonder what dirty deals were done there too.

Fortunately it needs 2/3 of the vote to amend UCI constitution, so the blocking of the laughable backdated election rules needs only europe and a couple of others to prevent McQuaids nomination, and so reelection. Good riddance.

Jamie fullers who was instrumental in barring the swiss nomination has a blog and twitter which are worth following for updates.
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 03-09-2013 at 03:53 PM.