Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer Super league 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Enjoy the solid tackles, the fast game with plenty of passing and none stop action. With more emphasis on try's scored than just creating penalties to kick goals.
    (Un like kick and clap)
    Just keeping you on your toes Stagger.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Well done Llani. I fully understand your excitement with Wales holding the No1 spot in the world and the world cup just around the corner.

Do you watch both codes?

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Well done Llani. I fully understand your excitement with Wales holding the No1 spot in the world and the world cup just around the corner.

Do you watch both codes?
    Yes I do Stagger, but mainly on the telly. I've watched some great games in both codes but also some boring ones. Same as all sports I suppose.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Warrington 12-0 up at HT.
    Ref cost Saint's a try by not going to the screen.

Tough game.

Banned
    Nice to see the massive underdogs triumph 🤪😂🤣

Banned
    Good final and well done Wire

Had a great day out at Wembley today, and enjoyed the game itself more than I thought I would.

Drove down to Watford Junction then got the overground to Wembley Central. After a bit of a ticket fiasco, where it appeared that a whole row of tickets had been doubled-up (but efficiently sorted out by the head of security), we had our seats up in the gods.

We were in the neutral end (side actually), but surrounded by St Helens fans. Although I was purely there as a neutral, I usually prefer to support the underdog, and the close proximity of many St Helens fans, quite a few who thought they only had to turn up to win, suddenly turned myself and my brother into rabid Warrington fans!

Highlight was the St Helens try in the 2nd half which got disallowed... the very irate fan in front of us chucked nearly a whole bottle of beer (costing £5.50) all over the place when they scored, most of it going over my brother, only to find the try disallowed, much to our amusement.

As to the game... St Helens played the more expansive rugby at times, and had their first try been awarded, they might have ran away with it. But Warrington stuck to their plan and were far more clinical when they had chances.

In the second half, Warrington were tiring, but seemed to use the periods where they had the ball to run the clock down and recover their lungs, leaving them sharp for their defensive work, and clinical again with their final try. Well deserved.

The stadium was good (i’ve been before) and the acoustics were fantastic, and a relatively small hardcore following from both sides (in comparison to football crowds) were able to make quite an impressive noise. I really regret missing Cov’s playoff final with 40000+ Sky Blues there, it must have been an awesome sound... prices were ridiculous as expected... I was on water so only cost about £5.20 for a couple of bottles... but my little brother had a couple of 500ml beers at £5.50 each....!!

Actually the absolute highlight of the day was my takeaway Lamb Gravy from an Indian on Wembley High Street, eaten sitting on the kerb in possibly the dodgiest back street in Wembley, surrounded by Somalian cafes, sleeping homeless, and various other vagabonds....

The news of CCFC winning again, (and Man Utd losing), also added to the day!