Page 724 of 847 FirstFirst ... 224624674714722723724725726734774824 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,240 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Well I have now and have had bikes with proper brakes and those gimmicky discy things and I am not convinced discs are not just another way for bike manufacturers to take our money.

On the last bike where I had a choice I chose rim brakes.
    You probably need to peddle considerably faster than you do to appreciate the superior stopping power of disc brakes 😜.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    You probably need to peddle considerably faster than you do to appreciate the superior stopping power of disc brakes ��.
    Whoo hoo!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

I live at 120 metres and with the sunshine yielding a pleasant 61 F I thought it was time to show my striking red/blue (matches the bike) St.Raphael/ Geminiani top to the world again on my favourite Blubberhouses Moor/Greenhow/ Grassington/ Thresfield/ Skipton route. But who would have thought that by the time I had climbed to a mere 285 metres and turned into a biting north wind that the temperature would have plunged to only 39 F and I was reaching for my cag? Not many riders out and those that were were all serious riders on serious bikes - none of these battery things out today. Perhaps everyone was watching Milan - San Remo on Eurosport as I did later with its brilliant surprising finish.

Anyway a second 42 mile ride (3600 feet), [max speed 36mph, max pulse 148bpm] since Tuesday totalling 666 miles this year. Walking is at 119 miles. Fell racing is still at 0 miles.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 21-03-2021 at 12:01 AM.

As the old saying goes:

“All the gear, look even more of a knobhead....”

Postman Pat satchel accessory deployed

A cracking 15.5 miler from home yesterday, two thirds of it off road on the Pennine Bridleway:

Up the High Birkwith lane from Horton and then scooting left on the Pennine Bridleway just before High Birkwith, over the river bridge and under the railway bridge and across the road just before Selside, then through Ingleborough Nature Reserve, straight on at Sulber Nick, past the epic limestoneyness of Thieves Moss and down on the now mainly grassy track into Crummack Dale. Then Crammack Lane down to Austwick but swiftly back on the Bridleway over to Feizor for a takeout coffee and cake. Then up over the top past Feizor and Wharfe Woods and down the other side to pick up the lane from Austwick to Helwith Bridge. Then a main road speed burst from Helwith Bridge to home

A barnstormer

With a couple of small variations to avoid most of the roads completely this route is a fantastically fast running route too. About 1500 feet of climb altogether
    Last edited by Fellbeast; 22-03-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Left hamstring a bit sore today after yesterdays run but due to a glorious day and my op on Wednesday I had to go out for a ride.

I did not want to go too far from home just in case it gave me jip so I rode the Scott Solace up to Chelmorton and then did three laps of a six mile circuit which went over to the 515, left to the Bull i'th Thorn, left down to Flagg and left again back to Chelmorton.

A total of 31 and a half miles, 2,844 feet in 2hrs 2 min. One other cyclist seen and the hammy was fine

As I write this I can feel my face tingling from a bit of sun/wind burn. Spring is sprung!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

As a result of going too hard at the bottom (it was competitive, though), and a bad gear change, I was forced into bottom gear (44x25) before the top. In the near 5 years I've had the bike this is the first time I've engaged the 25 sprocket.
    Nice to find someone riding with a bottom gear even higher than I have with my 7-speed hub gears (although I suspect that your machine is somewhat lighter than my tourer). Not like these pansies riding around with sprockets bigger than their chainrings.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Breezie?

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Not like these pansies riding around with sprockets bigger than their chainrings.

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Breezie?
    How dare you!

And sometimes I even forget I have a small front ring.

Still up?

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    How dare you!

And sometimes I even forget I have a small front ring.