Page 201 of 553 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Re: Tonight's football thread

Can I say what a pleasure it is to like football but not be arsed to support any particular team.

I was half listening to 606 on Saturday where Johnny Vaughan hit the nail on the head in saying that it was not (true ) supporters jobs to be un-biasied or un-bigoted. This was in response to a West Brom fan bemoaning a dreadful refereeing decision and Robbie Savage wondering what the same fan thought of another very similar decision, this time going in West Broms favour in a previous match. Obviously JV was doing this overtly to make the point ironically and comically but its true really - fans only see injustices. Whats more nearly all of footballs current problems stem from these narrow narrow views that all (true ) fans take about things.

For instance racism in football isn't really about racism at all; its about a fan of one side coming up with the lowest and horriblist insult that they can think of for a particular opponent's player/manager/supporter. So with David Jones its piedophile chants, with Liverpool vs Man U its fans being crushed to death or players dying in plane crash chants. And the players, what ever they say, play on that and do everything to fire up the bigotry in their favour.

Anyway I thought I thought last weekend's results were jolly tickety boo

Sort of agree, but I think there are lines being crossed..

For me I'll always appeal a penalty, but I know there are certain decisions, like hands up high and a ball blasted into them that sometimes get given... sometimes don't...

But then racism? I see what you are saying but we are seeing it almost weekly now.. and also the fans aren't shopping on their own fans.. like the Leeds fan who attached Kirkland.. why wasn't he turfed back out onto the pitch by the fans.. their has to be a collective responsibility or collective punishment.. so drop points.. at the weekend once United players were being pelted with coins.. just blow the whilstle. end the game at 3-2 with 2 minutes to go..

Football is reaching another low right now and I think the FA need to act or UEFA/FIFA would love to slap us with another ban, especially for racism as its something we've complained about so much in eastern europe..

They could remove the bottom 10-15 seats around corners for 2-3 games following the sort of pelting with objects Rooney received..

Also fans can stop being so precious.. every corner rooney was abused and abused, pelted with coins, we score the winner and he celebrates infront of them.. and sudenly its a massive injustice..

Look at how Moyes laughed at the recent Suarez dive celebration in front of him, he laughed, he gave it out, Suarez replied.. it was all fair enough..

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    OT's a swamp... Fergie= bacon face.. rooneys a fat so and so... crerrards a tool.. it would be remotely cerdible if not everything associated with united had a disrespectful name.. as it is you just come across as a bitter person..

In fact I've only ever seen you once give credit for United and that was at the end of last season.. even in recent posts I've spoken positively about City and some of their players...

Just a small thing I know.. but it gives some credibility if you can sometimes, just sporadically.. see a balanced(ish) view of the world..

Iain - That's because to support United is too easy.

In all seriousness supporting Manchester City these last 30 years has been all about keeping the faith.

Ask any one of the 32,134 City supporters who were at our opening game of the season in the old Division Two against Blackpool about their graetest City moment and they will tell you that it was when we won that play off game against Gillingham at wembley in 1999. That game will never be matched, no matter what we win. Don't get me wrong I was happy about winning the league last season and the FA cup the season before, and thrashing United 1 - 6 earlier last season, but none of those games come close to that day at Wembley. That is something that no United fan will ever be able to comprehend.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

what rubbish..

I doubt you are a real football fan when you spout such nonsense.

If you are you'd know you don't pick your fan

If in 20 years time City have dominated football.. should your kids be abused for being easy fans..

What an incredibly ingnorant comment.. United have been down, only one league, but we've also been through Munich.. I think that's worse than 2-3 years in the lower leagues...

Football didn't start in 1992 you know..

Danbert come on, you really need to knock that chip off your shoulder.

I was born a United fan, in manchester, no choice.. we lived all over as kids, supported united as there was no choice.. Liverpool were dominant, even in shefffield, wednesday were arguably the better team... yet you get given your club, ay I've been lucky to have 20 years of United's success, but there's no chance in the world I'd have ever chosen another club..

Just because you've been through a relatively tough period, no tougher than 90% of the rest of the football league, you can spout disrespectful nonsense.. come on that's not what football is about..

And remember why 93 was so big because we had 26 years of no league win.. so we also had our dry period, liverpool are having it now.. Now city may well dominate for 20 years.. just live it, football goes in cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    In all seriousness supporting Manchester City these last 30 years has been all about keeping the faith.
    My heart bleeds. What club isn't like that? You've got your money and your day in the sun... enjoy it. Why spend it bitching and moaning about United?
    Geoff Clarke

Danbert in other threads on the forum is a nice, cuddly, tree hugging, pipe smoking, slipper wearing Guardian reader. On this thread though he is a pale blue and white eyes out, mental football fascist

Yes, we can be an objectionable bunch, delighting in United failures rather than our own victories, but that's because we've not had many victiories to celebrate these last 30+ years. However that has changed now that the bible has come true and .....

.....the meek have inherited the earth :thumbup:
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    what rubbish..

I doubt you are a real football fan when you spout such nonsense.

If you are you'd know you don't pick your fan

If in 20 years time City have dominated football.. should your kids be abused for being easy fans..

What an incredibly ingnorant comment.. United have been down, only one league, but we've also been through Munich.. I think that's worse than 2-3 years in the lower leagues...

Football didn't start in 1992 you know..

Danbert come on, you really need to knock that chip off your shoulder.

I was born a United fan, in manchester, no choice.. we lived all over as kids, supported united as there was no choice.. Liverpool were dominant, even in shefffield, wednesday were arguably the better team... yet you get given your club, ay I've been lucky to have 20 years of United's success, but there's no chance in the world I'd have ever chosen another club..

Just because you've been through a relatively tough period, no tougher than 90% of the rest of the football league, you can spout disrespectful nonsense.. come on that's not what football is about..

And remember why 93 was so big because we had 26 years of no league win.. so we also had our dry period, liverpool are having it now.. Now city may well dominate for 20 years.. just live it, football goes in cycles.

After last season i was thinking that this massive little ciddy mantra was gone. the 6-1, the way they won the league, the ruthless thrashing of other teams, the late wins, the possibility that they may have the best squad in england but yesterday just showed that despite that one season where they were on top, they will be forever in our shadow

Normal sevice resumed. :wink:

Who cut your hair, Stevie Wonder?

Manchester derby? A lot of fuss about nothing methinks! Now tomorrow night's match - that's worth getting excited about! Just don't turn up if you haven't got a ticket...!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20633812

Come on you Bantams!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbsy View Post
    Now tomorrow night's match - that's worth getting excited about! Just don't turn up if you haven't got a ticket...!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20633812

Come on you Bantams!!
    Turn up anyway, you might get a game - but make sure you get registered before noon!