Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Heptonstall Fell Race

Re: Heptonstall Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    What time does your train get in to Hebden?
    9.40-ish I think. Adequate time to get up the hill on foot and prep, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by sevendaughters View Post
    9.40-ish I think. Adequate time to get up the hill on foot and prep, I reckon.
    No sweat - actually there will be a bit of sweat - the 500 feet climb in 0.5 miles from the station to the village will be a good warm up - head up the cobbled butress

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    The sprain is recovering well. Should be fine for race day - I'll test it out at the Hobble this weekend. Fingers crossed it stays in one piece.
    Test it out on the Hobble????
    Its a big week for me, guess who is looking forward to the privileges accorded to those in the Master's Lounge.....
    Last edited by Trig; 05-03-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Hi, does anybody (Trig?) have a GPS trace of the route? Wanna put it in my computer to work out where I'll run out of steam, calculate jelly baby consumption rate, etc...

Cheers
    The only workout you'll ever regret is the one you didn't do.

Good couple of pages on it in the new "Fellrunner". Apparently Trig's "a very friendly chap". Sounds about right to me.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by richsund View Post
    Hi, does anybody (Trig?) have a GPS trace of the route? Wanna put it in my computer to work out where I'll run out of steam, calculate jelly baby consumption rate, etc...

Cheers
    Rich - I am sure Jedimaster has a Mapmyrun of the route - hopefully he will read this post and send you (and everyone the link) via this thread - Heptonstall Post Office will be open on Sunday morning for Jelly Babies, Fags, Mags, and other essential pre-race requirements - do you know about our new deep water wade - river crossing???

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    Good couple of pages on it in the new "Fellrunner". Apparently Trig's "a very friendly chap". Sounds about right to me.
    Wish my copy had arrived today - can't wait to read the review - I think we may also feature in some 3 Peaks winter-recce photography

So this is post number 999 - is there an inauguration ceremony or can you sort me out with a Master's Lounge key???

Quote Originally Posted by richsund View Post

Cheers
    Here:
    http://connect.garmin.com/course/1492252
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/159300422

Great race... hope to be there for a third time!

Quote Originally Posted by Skelton View Post
    Here:
    http://connect.garmin.com/course/1492252
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/159300422

Great race... hope to be there for a third time!
    Thanks for the the mapping Skelton - the 2013 route is going to be pretty much the same as last year - a few minor changes to look out for though...

WADING ACROSS A RIVER....
    Following the summer floods there is no longer a bridge to cross back from the south to north bank of Hebden Water in Hardcastle Crags - so there is the choice of a knee deep wade across, just up-stream of the ruined bridge(recommended) or, if an early bath is nt for you, there is a bridge 50-100m further down the South bank which will add 1-2mins to your time. We will have CP and marshals at this point - you wade at your own risk but it is very refreshing on tired legs and will give you an advantage on the big climb up to Turn Hill.

TURN OFF THE UNPAVED CRAGS ROAD 200m BEFORE THE CIRCLE OF BENCHES.
    The other small change is that we will flag an earlier left turn from the unpaved road through Hardcastle Crags, so that you turn into the woods about 200m before clearing/circle of benches that marked the turn-off previously- this will be flagged, the route quickly joins the stone steps that head up to Lady Royd Farm.
    Last edited by Trig; 10-03-2013 at 12:08 PM.

IMPORTANT NEWS>>>>>>>>PLEASE READ>>>>>HOPE YOU CAN SPREAD THE WORD
    Travel to this year's race - FOLLOW DIVERSION - Allow an extra 10 minutes for your journey.
    A recent landslide has caused the closure of Lee Wood Road which means limited access to Heptonstall from Heptonstall Rd (to the south). In order to avoid congestion through the village there is a 2-3 mile diversion in place taking you up Mytholm Steeps (an adventure in itself) and approaching Heptonstall from the north via Colden and Slack.
    Ideally you should plan to approach Heptonstall from this direction anyway but if you insist on approaching from Burnley Rd, the diversion from the turning circle on the A646 will be well sign posted and marshaled.
    See the route on Google maps

We will have the use of a large field for car parking (£1) - the route suggested above avoids the road closure and the narrow cobbled lane through the village.

Hope you can share this new with any club mates who may be running Heptonstall on Sunday - we will provide any further updates on this thread and on http://www.heptonstallfellrace.org.uk/

Thanks for helping us to keep the traffic moving!!
    Last edited by Trig; 10-03-2013 at 03:54 PM.