Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: sacked

Banned
    You Mean you don’t like Dom Cummings.
    So this is a good excuse to attack him.
    Got it.

At least he didn’t shirk the job like most of the public sector.
    Apart from being ill, he has been hard at it. Wish we had more with his can do attitude.

Trevor. If a great many people hadn’t driven all across the country, you would have starved by now.
    Government is also essential. As is hiding away when you have symptoms. Boris did so at chequers. Should he have stayed at number 10 infecting all and sundry there?

For a GREAT many people London is only a place they work, not where they live or have their roots or support network. They live multiple location lives.
    All the MPs locked down ultimately drove back to their constituencies, including many of Cummings’ accusers. How are they different?

So No case to answer, except give him a thank you for not shirking.

Meanwhile.
    I had cause to talk to the pension regulator about an employee.
    All they do in normal time is email, telephone or write.

But No social distancing issues with public.

But they are down on a skeleton staff, and taking time to answer. Which irritates me since I pay their wages.

In your frame of reference they are top people:
    They are using covid as excuse to shirk, and not do essential travel , to stay at home.
    That is what I call “ wrong”

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    To drive from London to Durham when lock down guidance was in effect was wrong.

It was NOT essential travelling.

Also to claim that police had not been involved when both his father and the Durham constabulary both claim differently.

Would be see ya later time for me. No place for hypocrites in times like this.
    Last edited by Oracle; 25-05-2020 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackd View Post
    https://twitter.com/hendopolis/statu...222573057?s=21

I know I said I was off back to the occasional lurk, but now even the Daily Mail are against them.

I couldn't resist.

Johnson defending the indefensible.
    all of a sudden there'll be droves of Forumites quoting and bigging up the Daily Mail reader

Stolly has probably got a daily delivery sorted form the local newsagents in Settle
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    You Mean you don’t like Dom Cummings.
    So this is a good excuse to attack him.
    Got it.

At least he didn’t shirk the job like most of the public sector.
    Apart from being ill, he has been hard at it. Wish we had more with his can do attitude.

Trevor. If a great many people hadn’t driven all across the country, you would have starved by now.
    Government is also essential. As is hiding away when you have symptoms. Boris did so at chequers. Should he have stayed at number 10 infecting all and sundry there?

For a GREAT many people London is only a place they work, not where they live or have their roots or support network. They live multiple location lives.
    All the MPs locked down ultimately drove back to their constituencies, including many of Cummings’ accusers. How are they different?

So No case to answer, except give him a thank you for not shirking.

Meanwhile.
    I had cause to talk to the pension regulator about an employee.
    All they do in normal time is email, telephone or write.

But No social distancing issues with public.

But they are down on a skeleton staff, and taking time to answer. Which irritates me since I pay their wages.

In your frame of reference they are top people:
    They are using covid as excuse to shirk, and not do essential travel , to stay at home.
    That is what I call “ wrong”
    On the chequer boards on the M1 around Junction 46 that I could see from my bike ride said ESSENTIAL TRAVEL ONLY.

He's broken his own rules.
    That Sir is hypocritical, which makes his position untenable.

After seeing his interview, your dam right I don't like him.

He considered himself above everyone.

On the chequer boards on the M1 around Junction 46 that I could see from my bike ride said ESSENTIAL TRAVEL ONLY.

what were you doing on the M1?
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    I am certain Cummings was better isolated than in London.
    He was back at work as soon as he could.
    His journey compromised nobody. It was not for leisure.

You think it Is a virtuous existence to sit at home on the public payroll? Sniping at Cummings?

Was your trip to the golf course “necessary” ?

How twisted our world has become.

What concerns me is the start of the tsunami:
    Rolls Royce. Virgin airways. Landrover. They are just the start.
    Renault May go under.
    With virgin, other airlines cancelling, even airbus and Boeing are threatened.
    An army in all their supply chains. And that army no longer has buying power.
    A myriad of other industries dead on their feet,

All the private staff furloughed on 80 percent whose spending power is now zero,
    Landlords who are not paid will go bust.

Economic devastation without precedent.
    The weight of which will all fall on banks. They will collapse as well.

But all that really matters is where Cummings isolated?, heh stagger?
    Got your priorities right, I see.

He needs to be back at work, streamlining the unfit for purpose civil service, that for far too long has lived off the fat, refusing to change.

Last edited by Oracle; 25-05-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Any way you cut it, wrong decisions were made. Yes, there was a potential safeguarding issue for their child if both parents became incapacitated. But that was not the case at the time. PM implies journey was made with his approval. Wrong call. Sends the wrong message. Far better for him to have ordered DC to stay put and promise provision of care IF NEEDED. Not sure about the barnards castle sighting. Fake news??
    That being said my son in law and daughter are both front line NHS. If they had got ill I would have driven from Wales to Yorkshire to rescue grandchildren, lockdown or no.

Banned

You think it Is a virtuous existence to sit at home on the public payroll?
    Was your trip to the golf course “necessary” ?

How twisted our world has become.

What concerns me is the start of the tsunami.
    Rolls Royce. Virgin airways. Landrover. They are just the start.
    All the private staff furloughed on 80 percent whose spending power is now zero,
    Economic devastation without precedent.
    Was it essential travelling?

My job is my job, they choose the terms of payment.

Did the trip to golf take place under lockdown guidance or when it had been reviewed?

Hippocrates in positions of power in whatever sector of employment is totally against my principles.

Yep I agree the economy will probably down turn for 5 to 10 years.

The banks and stock markets won't make as much money and the working classes will do what they always do. Work and sort it out.

PS I'm an apprentice trained fabricator/welder who changed profession to teach the skills of my trade.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    What Wheeze said. The Government was insisting repetitively that there were only four reasons for leaving home. Arranging childcare wasn't one of them; maybe it should have been.

Anyway, as Oracle points out, the real reason that Cummings should be sacked is not because of this minor error of judgement, but because the Government of which he is the most senior adviser has taken decisions that will devastate the economy.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Banned
    As we just watched a plane going over leaving its clean vapour trail against the blue sky, I commented "there's old Dom going on his jollies because his kids need some time abroad"

Oh and let's wave the quarantine as it only applies to the masses.

We don't know whether he compromised somebody or not. For example, we don't know whether he stopped off en route to get petrol, when he may himself have been infected at that point.

Also, is it true that he went with his wife on day trip to Barnard Castle, which is more than 25 miles from Durham? I appreciate he was better by then but if true that hardly constitutes driving a reasonable distance to exercise (the rules at the time).

As somebody who was one of the architects of the Government's lockdown strategy, it's not great for the Government's credibility if he is not following the rules that apply to the rest of us.

I'm no fan of the twitter lynch mob that is out to get him but Cummings does have questions to answer.

He is supposed to be giving a statement at 3, which hopefully will address these questions. Until then, I am reserving judgement.