Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Heptonstall Fell Race

Re: Heptonstall Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by sevendaughters View Post
    It's the ghost Pipes from BBC1's Ghostwatch - well, the guy who plays him in the make-up. I'm younger and I have more hair and less blood on my face.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/ghostwatch/
    Glad to hear it - must admit I was concerned you would scare off some of the other entrants! Looked like you'd had big night out in the rougher bars of Wigan.....

anyway, if I'm there I'll be in a Newburgh vest. cheers for the advice chaps, I've got full winter kit, only thing stopping me is a hamstring tweak - which the masseur said was just a bit of tightness.

anyway, if I'm there I'll be in a Newburgh vest. cheers for the advice chaps, I've got full winter kit, only thing stopping me is a hamstring tweak - which the masseur said was just a bit of tightness.
    you might want to get that eye looked at too...

Hope to see you there then Sevendaughters. I'm hoping the ankle I managed to sprain at the New Chew will be recovered to let me out running again soon - lots of cold spray and elevation being applied! (It felt like a very long trot back from the TV mast on Holme Moss to the Dovestones Sailing Club after I turned it...)

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Hope to see you there then Sevendaughters. I'm hoping the ankle I managed to sprain at the New Chew will be recovered to let me out running again soon - lots of cold spray and elevation being applied! (It felt like a very long trot back from the TV mast on Holme Moss to the Dovestones Sailing Club after I turned it...)
    Sorry to hear about your injury Joey - I'm guessing that might rule you out for the big Heptonstall recce on Sunday 3rd March?
    Might be worth sending a note out to your Toddie colleagues to invite them along too - full details on the Recce thread.

Sorry I could not make the recce yesterday, I had a PECO commitment! I will take a day off to come and recce - none of Tussockface's disdain for the recce for me, I love a recce day, it is a pre-race treat!
    a rush and a push and the land is ours

The sprain is recovering well. Should be fine for race day - I'll test it out at the Hobble this weekend. Fingers crossed it stays in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by nippersmith View Post
    Sorry I could not make the recce yesterday, I had a PECO commitment! I will take a day off to come and recce - none of Tussockface's disdain for the recce for me, I love a recce day, it is a pre-race treat!
    Enjoy your recce Sarah - hope its a sunny one - its definitely turned to spring up here - I heard my first Curlew yesterday. Lovely dry trods too!
    Looking forward to seeing Valley Striders gang on the 17th - are they all up for it again?

Injury seems okay for me, touch wood, the only thing stopping me is a train cancellation/delay now.

Injury seems okay for me, touch wood, the only thing stopping me is a train cancellation/delay now.
    What time does your train get in to Hebden?