Page 209 of 553 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Re: Tonight's football thread

If we pip em to it again this season I really think he'll lose it big time, they'll end up finding him walking down a dual carriage way wearing nothing but his slippers muttering to himself! :w00t:
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    Well Man U did blow it last year, with much less of the season to go so who knows. However, it strikes me that City are not as fluent as they were last year and prone to dropping more points. Therefore sadly I predict Man U will win the title.
    I fear I agree. However, taking the long view, Old BF has to go at some point. ('BF' can be construed in several ways ). The position of his successor will be very tricky indeed. It's the classic dilemma of dictatorship: how do you follow on from that?
    MU supporters would be justified in feeling twitchy at the prospect of life AA (After Alex).
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    If we pip em to it again this season I really think he'll lose it big time, they'll end up finding him walking down a dual carriage way wearing nothing but his slippers muttering to himself! :w00t:
    Muttering Slippers... wasn't that a band?
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Muttering Slippers... wasn't that a band?

Possibly. But the heat is truly on Baconface and his team, they were battered today and on another day it may have been 3/4-1 to Spurs. I'm not impressed or fearful of them one little bit, and City are just clicking in to a bit of form (and clean sheets). Two points back and Ferguson knows It's game on. His after match interview was surreal, mumbling, forgetful, angry and judging by the swollen eye he had, it looks like the hairdryer bounced off the wall, and smacked him in the face ! The pressure is on them, just like last season, will they crack ? I think they will.:w00t:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...a-Benitez.html

Great article by Neville..

"So where does he go now?

If you were a headhunter drawing up a short-list for managers next season and didn't know the history of the club, where would you look? The best in Spain?

Well Tito Vilanova's not going to leave Barcelona so you would have to look at Mourinho. But you've sacked him.

In England, you'll never get Sir Alex or Arsene Wenger and you'll never buy out Roberto Mancini at Manchester City.

So which manager is third in the league right now? Well, that's Benitez. You've already got him.

What about fourth? That's Villas-Boas. But you've sacked him.
    Look to France and who is manager of their biggest club, Paris St Germain - a man with enormous pedigree in the game? Ancelotti. But you've sacked him.
    Look further abroad then.
    Who is manager of the most successful nation in football history, Brazil? Who has been entrusted with that nation's most important campaign, the 2014 World Cup, which they will host? That's Scolari.

But you've sacked him."

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Yes, inexperience and lack of competitive spirit. Old Baconface has always struck me as a bit of a quitter :closed:

Tupster - It's like he's that nasty old man which every street has when you're a kid. Moans if your ball goes in his garden and he's at your front door step every other day complaining to your parents about you.

In a word, senile. :w00t:

Super Moderator

Tupster - It's like he's that nasty old man which every street has when you're a kid. Moans if your ball goes in his garden and he's at your front door step every other day complaining to your parents about you.

In a word, senile. :w00t:
    Danbert, in our street I am that man
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Danbert, in our street I am that man
    Didn't have you down as a demented despot type Tupster. Clearly you need a carer you daft old bugger.

But what about Baconface after the game Iain? The old goat is losing it, mumbling his words and blaming the linesman for everything...
    Maybe he was talking through his backside. He did have his hat on back to front!

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    Well Man U did blow it last year, with much less of the season to go so who knows. However, it strikes me that City are not as fluent as they were last year and prone to dropping more points. Therefore sadly I predict Man U will win the title.
    I really don't buy we blew it last year.. we all dropped points.. wigan was our low point.. otherwise we had an incredible points total..

Last season city won because they had an incredible points total... pointing at Uniteds failure takes away from what city did...

The order you play teams is random.. all that matters is the final points total... now we only have Arsenal away I think? so to be 5 points clear.. I'm happy..

But City have shown time and time again they aren't a newcastle.. but neither are we.. remember we got the 6-1 hammering and then did a run of wins to put us clear...