Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Peris Horseshoe

Re: Peris Horseshoe

Cheers for the link Sam.

Hmmmmmmm!!! Cant see the results for the half anywhere????
    Or is it classed as a Pussy race and not worth publishing the results???? :-/

Not that i did it through choice, just it (the half) was part of the Wfra N.wales series and was told if i did the full then my time to halfway wouldn't be counted for the series placing!!!! So why chuck my efforts of the season for the sake of draging myself over some mountains in not very nice weather for no reason???
    My opinion is the half should not of been included in the series, as for geniune series contenders lost their oportunity to race one of the best races in britain :-( These sort of races (Full Peris) should be included in welsh champs, british champs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gafrymynydd View Post
    Hmmmmmmm!!! Cant see the results for the half anywhere????
    Or is it classed as a Pussy race and not worth publishing the results???? :-/

Not that i did it through choice, just it (the half) was part of the Wfra N.wales series and was told if i did the full then my time to halfway wouldn't be counted for the series placing!!!! So why chuck my efforts of the season for the sake of draging myself over some mountains in not very nice weather for no reason???
    My opinion is the half should not of been included in the series, as for geniune series contenders lost their oportunity to race one of the best races in britain :-( These sort of races (Full Peris) should be included in welsh champs, british champs etc.
    Aye its strange. I lost out on 2nd in the welsh mountain running champs by going for the full. North Wales does have some of the best mediums around, Moelwyns, Cader, Moel Eilio, Wyddfa, Carneddau, so surprising they didn't go for one of the classics. The Half Peris is a good race, but it'll never be the Peris and at the weekend certainly detracted from the Peris. Second time the half has been a counter though.

The Peris was the full champs back in 2006, ludicrously hot day, incredible heat going through the quarries. Results are here. http://www.wfra.me.uk/459.pdf

N
    ot a great course for a major championship race, especially now as its too restricted climbing at the start as you climb the zig zags. The 1000m peaks is much more suited to a large field.

That is a very impressive field in that race, and Tom Owens racing for Mercia. Must of been a hell of a race with that field of runners and a good entry to! Haha impressive list of DNF's to. Yup would be quite congested in the z-zags early on.

Anyone else having problems getting results for the half? There's now a link up for it on Eryri's site but it just links to the same Excel file with just the full results in it...

http://www.eryriharriers.org.uk/serv...r=2&newsid=383

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Harrison View Post
    Anyone else having problems getting results for the half? There's now a link up for it on Eryri's site but it just links to the same Excel file with just the full results in it...

http://www.eryriharriers.org.uk/serv...r=2&newsid=383
    Same here. I'll speak with Math, could take some time, he's back at work after only a 7 week summer break so he's just mega stressed. I don't know how teachers cope with their work load and lack of holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Same here. I'll speak with Math, could take some time, he's back at work after only a 7 week summer break so he's just mega stressed. I don't know how teachers cope with their work load and lack of holidays.
    Only 7 weeks? Us students get 14! I'm definitely not looking forward to entering the real world...

Just found a window of time to respond to a post or two, although as a teacher don't yet have the time to respond to some of the slanderous accusations being made by a certain forum poster. Regards results - aye half clearly not working, it was Eryri's two sisters who were typing them up (as well as the full and the C'fon 10k - all on the same day) so I'll get in touch with them to see if they can sort it.

Good news is that the New Pedol Peris 5/6th route used on Saturday is being incorporated into these championships next year:

http://www.ldwa.org.uk/challenge_eve...L&event_type=N

Quote Originally Posted by RhosgadMath View Post
    Just found a window of time to respond to a post or two, although as a teacher don't yet have the time to respond to some of the slanderous accusations being made by a certain forum poster. Regards results - aye half clearly not working, it was Eryri's two sisters who were typing them up (as well as the full and the C'fon 10k - all on the same day) so I'll get in touch with them to see if they can sort it.

Good news is that the New Pedol Peris 5/6th route used on Saturday is being incorporated into these championships next year:

http://www.ldwa.org.uk/challenge_eve...L&event_type=N
    Thanks Math. Half Peris results now up (errrk - wish I hadn't seem em). Not sure what you meant about the LDWA thingy? (couldn't see anything Peris-like in the challenge events).

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Thanks Math. Half Peris results now up (errrk - wish I hadn't seem em). Not sure what you meant about the LDWA thingy? (couldn't see anything Peris-like in the challenge events).
    SILENCED.. Just been written to by the Eryri Chairman no less saying I've embarrassed the club... by saying I disagreed with the decision to shorten the Peris, which I admitted was 'understandable'...

BRILLIANT!

How do you form a new club?