Page 504 of 553 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Gave it a good shot but severely lacking any kind of threat up front. Down to 10 men and I thought we had the best keeper but out on penalties. Gutted but given the state of the club at the moment I'm not sure we would be in fit state to return to the Premier league.

Well done Derby. I'm glad they beat Leeds especially with the amount of diving they were doing. Nearly as bad as Liverpool!
    Can't see them beating Villa though, but it would be nice to wipe the smirk off the face of Jack Grealish.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

My mate texted me at 1-2 to Derby “this is so Leeds”. Couldn’t agree more. Always the bridesmaids never the brides.
    Anyway, I’ll settle for another season like that over the season that Huddersfield have just had in the Premiership! Think all 3 promoted teams will struggle.

Banned
    It will be ok if the manager stops.

Too many mistakes and rash decisions on the night, epitomised by the mix up between Cooper and Casilla that let Derby back into it. In truth results have been slipping gradually since Christmas. Bielsa has done a marvellous job in transforming a team that finished 13th last season and getting so close. But ultimately they weren’t quite good enough.

Roll on next season, there are some very good young players coming through. Hopefully Bielsa will still be at the helm.

I've never been a huge fan of Leeds, but wouldn't have minded them getting to the final, as I thought they may have a better chance of beating V***a..... but Derby are the team with the momentum and perhaps they can do it. Villa certainly didn't look anything special, and they couldn't do it at Wembley last year either.

My Italian team (Atalanta) made it all the way to the Italian Cup Final last night, unfortunately lost 2-0 to Lazio in a very poor game. Although I've got a soft spot for Lazio (the first Italian team I ever saw) and they always take the cup really seriously, I think they've got to the final in something like 4 out of the last 6 years...

Proper old-school club and stadium at Atalanta, in a quite beautiful city (Bergamo)… quite sadly they are renovating their ground as they seem to be making it to Europe a bit more regularly now, and it needs to be up to standards. Really was like going back in time last time I went...

Super Moderator
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48292197

Maybe a new bucket or a different telescope will swing it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48292197

Maybe a new bucket or a different telescope will swing it
    I was really pleased with Derby getting to the play off final, mainly due to The Chelsea connection. But I did feel sorry for the Leeds fans. I wonder if they regret 'letting Villa score' in their recent league match?

Should make an interesting final with 'Super Frank' facing JT (Captain, Leader Legend!)

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post

Should make an interesting final with 'Super Frank' facing JT (Captain, Leader Legend!)
    Racist?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

This Lampard vs Terry thing is the kind of thing that cheeses me off... the mass media will be all over it, rather than the actual football... more fuel to pour onto the 'glorified soap opera' fire...

I think I speak for any sane and rational person, when I say that I sincerely hope Portsmouth put about nine past Sunderland tonight...