Page 536 of 553 FirstFirst ... 36436486526534535536537538546 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

I found Lampard a tad arrogant.

They came to Turf last season, played really well. Went 4-0 up. It was probably as good as I've seen at Turf Moor.

Burnley then scored two screamers. One from Rodrigues and one from McNeil to make it look respectable.

Hudson-Odoi dived in the box, ref gave a penalty, but VAR over-turned it and recommended a yellow card.

After match I was really disappointed with the Lampard interview which was demeaning of Burnley, the officials and asserted that Hudson-Adoi would never dive.

After a 4-2 win away from home, I thought it showed a poor attitude and a lack of grace.

I think the sacking seems early, but there aren't many top class managers in the game. Tuchel is one of them and if you wait, he might not be available in the Summer.

Recent form in Prem, lost 2-0 to Leicester, scabby 1-0 win over 10 man Fulham, defeats to City, Everton, Wolves, Arsenal and only 8 points from last 7 league games.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I don't think sacking Lampard is the 'right' thing to do, but it's definitely the Chelsea thing to do, and doesn't really come as a surprise. Abramovich doesn't give anyone time. Lampard will have known that when he took the job. I reckon the form of Havertz and Werner is a big part of him getting the boot too, and why they're looking at a German manager now. The board don't want another two massive signings going down the pan after Kepa.

More importantly let's hope Leeds can get back on track tonight against Newcastle. Bit concerning if we can't...
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    More importantly let's hope Leeds can get back on track tonight against Newcastle. Bit concerning if we can't...
    scrappy draw will do
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    scrappy draw will do
    Scrappy win even better! We deserved it on the overall balance of play, but Newcastle had a good go in the second half. Halfway through the season and probably 10 points from staying up.
    Geoff Clarke

Well done to Man Utd, but I felt a bit sorry for Southampton last night. It was like everything that could go in did.

Does anyone see Man Utd as credible title contenders? I still think it's Man City or Liverpool, but I'd like to be proved wrong.

Over halfway through the season and near the top spot? Got to be considered contenders I reckon, but I'd put them behind City and Liverpool in likelihood of actually winning it. A lot rests on Lindelof and Maguire staying fit as it looks they've have finally found a half decent centre back pairing. Fernandes is key too.

I'd still back Liverpool. I think they're the most likely team to put a solid run of results together between now and the end of the season.
    Geoff Clarke

I felt it would be City's for a month or so.
    They aren't at their best, but since Stones came back they have looked better at the back than for a couple of years.
    Now I think it's a one horse race and more about who will be 2nd. I think Man Utd will be.

Liverpool - 9 points from 8 games including 4 teams in the bottom 6. Only 7 goals in them games and 6 game in two matches they won.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I felt it would be City's for a month or so.
    They aren't at their best, but since Stones came back they have looked better at the back than for a couple of years.
    Now I think it's a one horse race and more about who will be 2nd. I think Man Utd will be.

Liverpool - 9 points from 8 games including 4 teams in the bottom 6. Only 7 goals in them games and 6 game in two matches they won.
    Yeah, Liverpool were very poor last night. Might have to revise my prediction! I've always felt with Pep's City sides they're never far away from a slip up, but if they win their game in hand on the teams immediately behind them they can afford a couple and still do it. Got to be looking at Leicester in this too. Vardy to come back, a solid defence and the likes of Barnes and Maddison absolutely flying right now.

Re. Stones, he's certainly looking good at the moment, but then he wasn't in the starting line-up at the weekend. Bit of an odd one (and a pain in the arse for fantasy footy). Dias and Cancelo seem to be Pep's only nailed on starters at the back. Dias in particular looks like a great signing for them.
    Geoff Clarke

Leicester must be kicking themselves a bit really... they've done brilliantly, but when you look at some of the sides they've lost to, they could be clear at the top.

My boys are right in the relegation battle... our last 3 matches have been against teams below us and we've picked up 4pts, which is perhaps not quite enough for such a winnable run of games.

4 of our next 5 matches are against the top four teams, and i think if we're still outside the bottom three by the end of the month we'll be doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Leicester must be kicking themselves a bit really... they've done brilliantly, but when you look at some of the sides they've lost to, they could be clear at the top.

My boys are right in the relegation battle... our last 3 matches have been against teams below us and we've picked up 4pts, which is perhaps not quite enough for such a winnable run of games.

4 of our next 5 matches are against the top four teams, and i think if we're still outside the bottom three by the end of the month we'll be doing well.
    Wolves? I think you're in a similar position to Leeds. There are enough teams worse than us that we'll get points from, and some of those teams are bad enough that they'll struggle to get anywhere near enough to survive. Hard to see Fulham or West Brom getting out of it now. You've got a good squad, I expect you'll climb past us and be solid mid-table.
    Geoff Clarke