Page 132 of 268 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2674

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    That is not even remotely funny. I am amazed you could write something like that. One person shoots at targets, somebody else shoots at real people. After Jo Cox, we know only too well how true that it.

I am not quoting it and if I were you I would delete it.
    Perhaps it's not, but I read they were paintballing the target, and there's been more fuss made of this than a story of Donald Trump, Maggie Thatcher and others at a shooting range.

And I think there lies the problem, the lack of consistency these days.

We have Parliament fighting for time, to be able to scrutinise effectively one minute, and putting a bill through in 24 hours another.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

That is hilarious, how people try to rewrite history. Nowhere was it stated that a no-deal was the preferred option. That tweet listed by Stolly shows so many comments and statements (including in the official referendum document itself) about different trade deal options. No deal was never the preferred option. It is very much a case of now that the unicorn deal has not materialized people are retrospectively deciding that No-deal was the will of the people.
    No one is claiming it is the preferred option, it is just preferred to the one May has put before the House.

You have to go back pre-referendum to get your head around what we were voting for with a Leave vote based on literature, campaigning, politicians on both sides.....

1. Cameron would immediately invoke Article 50.

2. We could expect an emergency budget and an economic downturn.

3. a two year process working out the arrangements for leaving and a future plan.

4. to be out by June 2018, with a Free Trade arrangement so long as a suitable arrangement could be agreed by both parties.

52%, 17.4 million voted for that.

There are no unicorns in there.

We were on course for this (without the budget and downturn) when we went to a General Election, just 9 months behind as Cameron had gone and May wisely waited and did some prep before invoking article 50.

At the General Election both Tory and Labour manifestos set out exactly this plan, with only minor nuances between them.

Since then we have seen a very accomplished wrecking attempt by a bunch of MPs, who had they declared their hand in the General Election campaign, might not have won their seats.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    You mean nowhere other than the winning general election manifesto that is therefore a mandate.
    That stated clearly on the most important issue of our time " no deal is better than abad deal"

On this as many other things you seem illinformed, the illinformed state of many remainers is certainly not hilarious.
    ERG would prefer a deal. There is not a deal On offer,EU refuse to negotiate on trade, and offer only a humiliation. So no deal it is.

That is hilarious, how people try to rewrite history. Nowhere was it stated that a no-deal was the preferred option. That tweet listed by Stolly shows so many comments and statements (including in the official referendum document itself) about different trade deal options. No deal was never the preferred option. It is very much a case of now that the unicorn deal has not materialized people are retrospectively deciding that No-deal was the will of the people.

One person shoots at targets, somebody else shoots at real people. After Jo Cox, we know only too well how true that it.
    It’s certainly pretty tasteless and not something we want members of our armed forces doing. But it’s a big leap to equate shooting at a target with the actual murder of Jo Cox.

I was interested to hear that when told about the incident Corbyn said he was shocked. It’s a pity he wasn’t as shocked by the murder of British soldiers by IRA killers in the 1980’s. Its probably not that surprising that their modern day counterparts are not overly enamoured by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Since then we have seen a very accomplished wrecking attempt by a bunch of MPs, who had they declared their hand in the General Election campaign, might not have won their seats.
    Presumedly you're refering to those 30 or so hard Brexiters, who had they voted for May's deal would have secured the UK no longer holding EU membership at this very moment. Instead, because these hard liners, unicorn-chasers, wanted BOTH the UK to leave the EU (which the majority voted for), AND also on their own preferred very narrow terms (which no-one voted for because it wasn't a choice on the referendum ballot), we're all still in the EU. I bet their Leave constituents are fuming!
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Not as hilarious as the Para's using a picture of Corbyn as target practice. Only thing missing was a picture of Dianne Abbot alongside it.
    Is it because she's black or a woman or both that you think she should be murdered?
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Is it because she's black or a woman or both that you think she should be murdered?
    Pardon? I don't recall suggesting that. Care to apologise?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Pardon? I don't recall suggesting that. Care to apologise?
    Do you think it's acceptable to take target practice (preparation for shooting/killing someone) at images of any politicians, or any person? It's dangerous and in the UK today, with the tensions prevalent, it's highly irresponsible - even to 'joke' about it. We've already had Jo Cox murdered by a far right extremist. We had the far-right Ryan McGee - EDL and ex forces - jailed for preparing nail bombs and Jack Henshaw this week, jailed for planning to kill Labour politician. Making a joke out of shooting Dianne Abbot is in poor taste and potentially inciting to those who might perpetrate violence. She's already plagued by death / rape threats. Do you feel like apologising for the post?
    Am Yisrael Chai

Banned
    Not as hilarious as the Para's using a picture of Corbyn as target practice. Only thing missing was a picture of Dianne Abbot alongside it.
    Corbyn has been attacking and trying to emasculate the armed forces all his adult life. He prefers terrorist bombers, and was editor or a magazine that stated after Brighton: " what do you call a dead Tory? A start!" So Corbyn certainly has no platform to object to this, or be arbiter of bad taste. He forfeited the right years ago.
    Last edited by Oracle; 04-04-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Banned
    Screw you yvette cooper, and the rest.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...use-of-commons

Here is the first thing I respect varadkar for.Every other way he has been a menace.
    But he will not negotiate with cooper or her wasters, whatever they demand.
    Mind you, he will not negotiate with UK anyway so where is the surprise in that?

So The commons wasted its time in trying to pervert the constitution. I hope the lords throw it out on the basis because it cannot help and will certainly hinder.
    Last edited by Oracle; 04-04-2019 at 10:13 PM.