Page 719 of 846 FirstFirst ... 219619669709717718719720721729769819 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,190 of 8460

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Spot the missing apostrophe and letter....!!!!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

A handful of scars?

Graham's

Unless, of course, he is Italian....

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Graham's

Unless, of course, he is Italian....
    Yes, good bloke that he is the thought of mounting Graham the Italian Stallion was a step too far for this forum.

A 25 miler and 2,700 feet from home for me and Hester on Sunday. We followed the B6479 (our main road), which wasn’t busy, to Helwith Bridge and then headed for Settle on Stackhouse Lane which was even unbusier.

From Settle it was, I’d like to say, a ‘swift zip’ up High Hill Lane but it was in fact a lung bursting, blowing it out my ass, quad smashing, full bollocks, dribbling and wheezing through gritted teeth, climb up fricking High bastard Hill Lane*, then over the tops to Kirkby Malham before dropping down to Malham itself. (Malham by the way had a two thirds filled Visitor Centre car park and about 40 other cars parked for free along the grass verge.... so it was quite quiet for Malham as it goes)

We then went up to Malham Tarn, around the back of the Field Centre and then over to Henside before going off piste on Moor Head Lane to pick up the B6479 again and whiz back home.

*I also managed a 5,990th equal Strava segment placing (0.44 of a mile, 13.8% gradient) on this climb I’d like to smuggly add, as well at a 176 bpm heart rate. It’s a very widely used cycle route - the Way of the Roses goes that way and I’m sure the Tour de Yorkshire will have done - and 15,100 or so Strava riders have recorded the segment. So if you squint your eyes a bit I’m very nearly in the top third on my first go
    Last edited by Fellbeast; 10-03-2021 at 08:52 AM.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post

*I also managed a 5,990th equal Strava segment placing (0.44 of a mile, 13.8% gradient) on this climb I’d like to smuggly add, as well at a 176 bpm heart rate. It’s a very widely used cycle route - the Way of the Roses goes that way and I’m sure the Tour de Yorkshire will have done - and 15,100 or so Strava riders have recorded the segment. So if you squint your eyes a bit I’m very nearly in the top third on my first go
    I used to be in the top 25% of some of the Strava segments on my local hills. However, I've been slowly dropping down the rankings. This may be in part due to increased numbers of cyclists but are all these newbies going to be quicker than me? Unlikely, so the other factor has to be the number of e-bikes on the road these days and I don't think Strava classifies these any differently - some of the KoMs around our way are highly suspect. So you can probably squint a little harder and elevate yourself to much higher!
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Took the gravel bike out on the road today, before the bad weather moves in again. Managed a loop of 52k and 1027m ascent. A handful of cars and farmers trucks but no cyclists round here!
    Hard work on my bike, felt like I was riding a donkey 😤 where I want to be on an Italian Stallion like Graham - one day 😉.
    I read this as you are hung like a donkey and feel like an Italian stallion...but then re-read more carefully.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

18 hill reps, 52km, 1059m, 2:45

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    I read this as you are hung like a donkey and feel like an Italian stallion...but then re-read more carefully.
    Possibly my subconscious was typing that post whilst I dozed.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Possibly my subconscious was typing that post whilst I dozed.
    Perhaps you'd benefit from a course of cycloanalysis
    Am Yisrael Chai