Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: idiot proof

Master and MR

idiot proof

can someone recommend a decent IDIOT PROOF camera that i can download pictures to my laptop with.
    I dont want one that's to confusing
    any ideas???

Re: idiot proof

The olympus one is good i think it's the MJu 850, waterproof, shockproof etc. So you can take it on a long run and take some piccies without the worry of wondering whether it will stand up to a beating. I think they go from £145.00 with a 512Mb sim card, obviously if you want a bigger sim card you have to fork out a bit more.

and you can get it in pink daz, even better

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Denzil Dog View Post
    The olympus one is good i think it's the MJu 850, waterproof, shockproof etc. So you can take it on a long run and take some piccies without the worry of wondering whether it will stand up to a beating. I think they go from £145.00 with a 512Mb sim card, obviously if you want a bigger sim card you have to fork out a bit more.
    can you just download pics straight onto my laptop then , sorry to be an idiot but cameras are tricky items to operate.
    I can operate cranes, fork trucks, the worlds largest excavators. but cameras scare me.

You don't dig cameras?
    I'm gonna get that cwazy gwouse...

Daz, try eBay or the like for an older camera.
    I just gave my old Sony DSCP-1 (3.2mp, 15 sec video) to my father-in-law (in his 80's) and he uses it all the time.
    It has a lot less 'gadgetry' than the new ones and is dead simple to use.

I would have thought that if you take out the memory card and put it into your computer, via a thingumy that comes with the camera, as long as you have installed the correct software which comes with the camera then i think putting pictures on your computer is pretty easy. Works for me.

I've found that the easiest way to get pics off a camera is to completely ignore all the software that comes with it and just use it as a USB drive and then just browse to the camera from 'My Computer' and then drag and drop the pics onto your PC.

I'm happy with my little Sony DSC-S600 that I bought a couple of years back, although there are probably better cameras out there for less money these days. When I bought the Sony I found a website that detailed shutter speed for each camera and that was the best one I could get for about £120. Prior to the Sony I paid way too much for a camera which was complete crap for taking pics of runners.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    I've found that the easiest way to get pics off a camera is to completely ignore all the software that comes with it and just use it as a USB drive and then just browse to the camera from 'My Computer' and then drag and drop the pics onto your PC.

I'm happy with my little Sony DSC-S600 that I bought a couple of years back, although there are probably better cameras out there for less money these days. When I bought the Sony I found a website that detailed shutter speed for each camera and that was the best one I could get for about £120. Prior to the Sony I paid way too much for a camera which was complete crap for taking pics of runners.
    drag and drop. whats that ???

oh dear daz you need some lessons i think