Page 190 of 553 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Re: Tonight's football thread

Chelsea 2 - Man U 3

Up to the Torres sending off a very enjoyable game. Only one winner after that, offside goal or not.
    No country for old men.

I see Baconface's rotation policy paid off - resting Howard Webb and bringing in Mark Clattenburg :thunbdown:
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by danbert nocurry View Post
    i see baconface's rotation policy paid off - resting howard webb and bringing in mark clattenburg :thunbdown:
    lol )

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Everton 2 - Liverpool 2

Liverpool have a last minute goal disallowed for the wrong reason A good derby match that. That's the warmup game out of the way lets hope the Chelsea-Man U main event is as entertaining.
    Not seen it yet but supposedly the decision for the freekick was shocking... and suarez should have been off..

Not seen Utd yet, had radio on, sounded lucky.. but we've had some bad luck at chelsea.. in fact continual bad luck there.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    lol )

To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Banned

Clattenburg appears to be in for a couple of rough weeks again.
    "We have lodged a complaint to the Premier League match delegate," said a Chelsea spokesman.
    "The match delegate will pass the complaint to the Football Association."

Referees' organisation Professional Game Match Officials (PGMO) later issued a statement which read: "PGMO is aware of the allegations and they are being treated with the utmost seriousness.
    "Mark will co-operate fully and welcomes the opportunity for the facts to be established."

All four officials - the referee, his two assistants and the fourth official - wear microphones and ear pieces that allow them to hear what each other is saying throughout the match, although it is not recorded.

Banned

The bad side of football, but why are the league or FA not investigating? Leeds will get done for a thug so why is it not the same for all clubs?
    Meanwhile, Chelsea will investigate reports that a steward was injured by objects thrown from the crowd at Stamford Bridge.
    Hernandez appeared to be pelted as he celebrated scoring United's winner in front of Chelsea fans in the Matthew Harding Stand.
    A steward required 10 minutes of treatment before being taken to hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    The bad side of football, but why are the league or FA not investigating? Leeds will get done for a thug so why is it not the same for all clubs?
    Meanwhile, Chelsea will investigate reports that a steward was injured by objects thrown from the crowd at Stamford Bridge.
    Hernandez appeared to be pelted as he celebrated scoring United's winner in front of Chelsea fans in the Matthew Harding Stand.
    A steward required 10 minutes of treatment before being taken to hospital.
    I agree Trev. Other than a few isolated incidents like Cantona and Duncan Ferguson, offenses in football grounds seem to be treated as par for the course.

I'm actually interested in the allegations against Clattenburg. He does seem a pompous sod, but can you imagine if he is found against and disciplined? Especially for inappropriate language?
    Every other word from a player to the ref or lino is inappropriate, it doesn't take much lip reading.

I can see a ref rebellion and lots of cards for dissent flying around - and about time to.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I agree Trev. Other than a few isolated incidents like Cantona and Duncan Ferguson, offenses in football grounds seem to be treated as par for the course.

I'm actually interested in the allegations against Clattenburg. He does seem a pompous sod, but can you imagine if he is found against and disciplined? Especially for inappropriate language?
    Every other word from a player to the ref or lino is inappropriate, it doesn't take much lip reading.

I can see a ref rebellion and lots of cards for dissent flying around - and about time to.
    According to the chelsea fans Hernandez asked for it as he celebrated in front of them and smilled whilst holding his ear.. they really are precious darling, spend 90 minutes screaming abuse at a player, about his wife, background.. then get all affronted when someone celebrates.. idiots.

Sounded like a goalfest at Reading last night. I missed the match but fortunately have it recorded.
    No country for old men.