Page 149 of 300 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2998

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

I absolutely love inov8. Basically all I’ve needed till now is one pair of mudclaw G260’s and one pair of terraultra G260’s, swapping between the two depending on the weather and what I’m running over.

My latest pair of terra ultras are nearly done, which is almost perfect timing, and I’m just waiting to get back properly from the injury bench before I buy a pair of the new trailfly G300’s. On average I get a good 400 to 500 miles of hard running out of any pair of inov8’s and I also manage to double up on my terra ultras as leisure/man about town shoes and the gym (when they’re clean enough).

I don’t understand people complaining about the value of inov8s - I’m guessing it’s mainly from runners that have more than two pairs of shoes on the go, thereby using any one pair less often and maybe suffering from the shoes gradually falling apart on the shoe stand (over drying out?) rather than by use?

I think the crucial thing is that their sizing suits my feet perfectly. The terraultras especially are fantastically comfortable

Master
    9.07 miles, 3,435 feet, 2 hours 53 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides. Sunshine with some high thin clouds, and a lovely refreshing breeze. Terrain dry and firm. Saw about 20 others on the fell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    I absolutely love inov8. Basically all I’ve needed till now is one pair of mudclaw G260’s and one pair of terraultra G260’s, swapping between the two depending on the weather and what I’m running over.

My latest pair of terra ultras are nearly done, which is almost perfect timing, and I’m just waiting to get back properly from the injury bench before I buy a pair of the new trailfly G300’s. On average I get a good 400 to 500 miles of hard running out of any pair of inov8’s and I also manage to double up on my terra ultras as leisure/man about town shoes and the gym (when they’re clean enough).
    Do you find the graphene ones last longer on the studs?

Sorry for turning this into a facebook "what shoe" thread temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Do you find the graphene ones last longer on the studs?

Sorry for turning this into a facebook "what shoe" thread temporarily.
    Haha yes on the mudclaws for sure

OK, good to know - thanks. I like mudclaws. But after about 20 outings, the ones without graphene are more Pikachu than Wolverine .

Appropos de rien I have ridden 3000 miles on my graphene tyres (Vittoria Terreno Zero Graphene 2.0) without a pucture and if a year ago my dealer had asked me how much I would pay for that comfort I think I would have said it was worth a lot not to have to change a tube in the wilds of... well Horton for example.

And if he had said "and what about beating Ian Holmes on a descent..?
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 23-04-2021 at 07:56 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Ooh, I went out on proper hills today, western Beacons. Lovely day and clocked aprox 13 miles and 4100 ft in 3.20.
    Nearly did for me, forgotten how hard hills are, when one is old 🙁.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Inov-8s are definitely expensive and don't last that long. But when I buy cheaper they seem to fall apart more quickly.
    Well I never used any other fell shoe after INOV-8 came to the market - however long they lasted - because I felt I could race down any mountain side in them faster with greater self-belief.

But it's all context. Campagnolo has just released their Bora Ultra WTO wheelset: £2810 a pair - and that doesn't include any tyres - but they would be sure to make me ride faster (if I cared).
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master

I don’t understand people complaining about the value of inov8s - I’m guessing it’s mainly from runners that have more than two pairs of shoes on the go, thereby using any one pair less often and maybe suffering from the shoes gradually falling apart on the shoe stand (over drying out?) rather than by use?
    Like I say they are too expensive, given my average mileage that would equate to around £34 a week therefore I will continue buying whatever shoe (usually last years model) I can buy at a reasonable price and wear them to destruction and replace them with another low cost shoe, that way it costs me around a tenner a week. Works for me I have to admit though I do have a penchant for HANWAG (expensive but long lived, and not at all fashionable ) trail shoes and keep a pair for multiday outings carrying a sac.

But as with all kit it is subjective and the individual has to use what suits them
    Last edited by JohnK; 24-04-2021 at 12:11 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was