Re: Peris Horseshoe

B*gger me, that was fast!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    B*gger me, that was fast!!
    Especially with 'cramps'
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Cheers, they were really bad for the last 20 yards to the summit of Snowdon, I think brought on by some of the big steps up through the rocks, but luckily eased down hill apart from a few moments when I had to sidestep the many walkers. Didn't come back for the last climb up Cynghorien which I was worried about.

Rob who came second put in an awesome run, his first long fell race so pretty great time to get 3:20 something in your first peris. I reckon it's a race you have to run a few times to get your best time as it's so hard to judge right, so he could well do a sub 3:20 in future.

My wife won the womens in 4:01, she was aiming for close to 4, having done it in 4:28 last year, so was happy, been struggling with ITBS so bit of a confidence boost to get through the race feeling OK.

Biggest improvement was by Barry Wilkinson though, he ran it in 4:38 last year and 3:34 this year, so nearly an 1:05 faster. It was a hot year last year but still a huge gain.

Some photos now available from Gwynfor James and Pete Macmillen on the Eryri site www.eryri.org.uk.

I'm still waiting for split times from Blakey so I'm afraid you'll have to wait a bit more for those.
    Skidmarks on the Summit

I've got hi res photos of everyone running past Lliwedd checkpoint, so mail me if you want any.

Name and number helps !

Also please check our website

www.teamdolly.co.uk

for maps and race route info etc etc.

It was really cold marshalling !

Regards

Pete

Don't forget the lady who broke the Vet 50 record!

Master

Peris Horseshoe

Hi

I am new to this game and forum, but am looking towards starting my BGR training following a narrow miss last year(I retired at Honister in 21 hours 15 mins). I have decided to switch some of my training to N Wales for variety and have seen the Peris Horseshoe.However despite googling I cant find the route or even the sequence of summits it takes in. Can anyone fill me in with this.

PS my BGR attempt was June 9th starting 2am at Keswick. I was surprissed to see no one else and dont tghink anyone else attempted that day? The weather was the best of the summer, perhaps a little too hot. I had very littel support and was often solo which was a mistake I guess. I couldnt believe the size of one persons support team when I saw them on Gable on 21st July. I cant imagine getting such a big crew togther and anticipate next year to have little support. Are there any others out there who find that getting like minded people to go with them is tricky? I live in Nottingham, not exactly a hot bed of fell running. I only took up running in Sept 2006 so havent met others with the same obsession!!

Description here,

http://www.btinternet.com/~alantudur.../530eperis.htm

Check points in bold:

Llanberis up inclines and quarry track top top of quarry, over or round Elidir Fach > Elidir Fawr > Y Garn (so miss out Foel Goch) > Glyder Fawr > Pen Y Pass (down red spot path initially then off left in directish line) > LLiwedd > Snowdon (direct ascent up East Ridge or Watkins (slower))> Moel Cynghorion (down Ranger path then fence line after Cloggy) > Llanberis (straight down face of Cynghorion to Maesgwm sheep folds and back through fields to Coed Victoria) and the main road which is the finish.

Oh and join a fell running club or ask on here to get people to accompany you on runs/recces.

People are always willing to help out on Bob Grahams/ Paddy Buckleys etc.

And PM Wynn. She and Steve have organised more BGs than I've had hot dinners. That said she's organising one or two other things at present.

Master

Thanks for info really useful. what would be an average time to aim for on the horseshoe?