Page 79 of 303 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    12.48 miles, 3,383 feet, 3 hours 18 minutes, Fairfield Horseshoe. Busiest by far since lockdown; I must have come across 50 to 60 on the fell. Centre of Ambleside still quiet - if you want prompt access to water it is not the place to be.

10 slow miles round windy gyle, swam in the river by Wedders leap. Glorious.

Round Barden Moor with my son, lovely and sunny with a nice breeze from the east keeping us cool. 12 miles with 1500ft of ascent. Very quiet, just a couple of mountain bikers and about 10 walkers with only one other runner. Golden plover, Grouse and other birds: talked to a pair of birdwatchers and they said they had seen a Short eared owl. Going back for a walk there tomorrow with my wife and binoculars. It's hard work running with someone 37yrs younger, but good training - still I beat him up the last climb back to the car. Blessed to have this on the doorstep. Bolton Abbey had just opened up again and was rammed with people carrying coolers, picnics and an inflateable unicorn!

Banned
    16 miles bike on trail with oh.

Master
    8.5 miles, 3,064 ft, 2 hours 20 minutes, Wansfell Ridge. Went early to avoid the heat - only a dozen or so on the fell - I suspect I beat the crowds. Given what is happening in some places we are doing very well.

Walk shortened today. I'd planned a route around 10-11 miles to Cartridge Hill on Darwen Moor. Large fire looks like it started around lunchtime, was hardly visible around 1:00 when we reached Tockholes, but road was closed, but an hour later it looked quite bad up there.

So we cut through Roddlesworth to Abbey Village, had our sandwich on the dam at Withnell Reservoir before heading home.

8.6 miles, 2:55, 850ft.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    6.38 miles, 63 minutes, Roman ruins and Rydal park. Not much litter left from the weekend, but the council men have obviously been around, cleaned up, and mowed the grass. Some BBQ scars in places. Waterhead was apparently packed on Saturday, with lots of illegal parking. Central Ambleside was quiet, but then pubs/cafes/outdoor shops all closed.

Banned
    4.5 miles trail, 4 th run back after calf tear

Master
    10.29 miles, 3,123 feet, 2 hours 42 minutes, Wansfell Ridge and Red Screes. 5 others on Wansfell, 3 on Red Screes. Kirkstone Inn car park still closed, 8 cars and 4 cars parked opposite. Cool breeze higher up, thankfully. No obvious litter, but the council are pretty good at cleaning up after people - such a shame it is necessary to do so.

after my "training" this morning, and unexpected 2nd outing with a walk around the Beamers Trail with Mrs WP when she got home from work.
    6.57 miles, 700ft, 2:04
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell