Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterproof jacket

Waterproof jacket

Hi guys, I'm new here so my first post is regarding my little 8yr old sister who I train every second night for about an hour .

She really enjoys running but she only runs in a T-shirt so starts to get cold when she stops for a 5 minute rest so we have agreed that she will now run with her jacket on so, I am needing suggestions on what to get her , a full zip waterproof or water resistant would be her preference.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mac-Sac-Wat...dDbGljaz10cnVl
    Mac in a Sac is perfect for a young kid. Cheap enough and waterproof, not resistant.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Super Moderator
    I was going to suggest something similar from Yeomans or the like

Welcome to the forum C L

What is better to get, waterproof or water resistant, bearing in mind that it will be getting zipped?

"Hi guys, I'm new here so my first post is regarding trying to bond with my little 6yr daughter and getting her outdoors a bit more."

Was how a post started last week on the UKC forum, by Wildlife Lover, wanting info for a waterproof jacket. And plenty of good info was given.
    Which has me wondering, is it for your daughter and her nature walks, or your sister and her fell running? Or both? Or all pure coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    "Hi guys, I'm new here so my first post is regarding trying to bond with my little 6yr daughter and getting her outdoors a bit more."

Was how a post started last week on the UKC forum, by Wildlife Lover, wanting info for a waterproof jacket. And plenty of good info was given.
    Which has me wondering, is it for your daughter and her nature walks, or your sister and her fell running? Or both? Or all pure coincidence?
    What are you talking about, I know nothing about a UKC forum!? It's for my little sister and her fell walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceilidh Lover View Post
    What is better to get, waterproof or water resistant, bearing in mind that it will be getting zipped?
    waterproof.

resistant is little use other than a wind stopper on a dry day.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Ceilidh Lover View Post
    What are you talking about, I know nothing about a UKC forum!? It's for my little sister and her fell walking.
    Please, don't take us all for mugs.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Please, don't take us all for mugs.
    Will you shut up, I've told you once and not again, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT UKC FORUM IS so how the f*** can it be me!?