Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New mudclaw

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post

To pick up on GB's point though, my all time favourite Inov-8 shoes remains the original brown Mudroc 290, first bought in early 2004!
    Oh yes!

file:///C:/Users/Graham/Documents/IMG_20181231_0001.pdf#page=1
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Got a pair of the Mudclaw 275 (same grip as the yet to be released graphene). Not had a chance to get out in them yet (illness & family commitments) but the grip looks to be very aggressive indeed.

I like the lightweight X Talons for fit of the uppers (the old blue 190 & the recent orange 210) & found the grip quite good on rock, but lacking on mud. Still got some Walsh that I wear for training & sometimes racing - not as comfortable a fit, but the best grip of any shoe I’ve owned. A bit of me wishes that Walsh had the capital to invest in modernising PBs a little (lighter upper with improved fit, slightly more flexible sole) as they really are a great shoe & it’s a shame to see that they’re not all that popular anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Oh yes!

file:///C:/Users/Graham/Documents/IMG_20181231_0001.pdf#page=1
    GB - you may want to post that image direct as we don't have access to your c drive :-)

Interestingly (and disappointingly) I can't find a photo of the brown Mudroc 290s on Google, only the grey and black ones.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    GB - you may want to post that image direct as we don't have access to your c drive :-)

Interestingly (and disappointingly) I can't find a photo of the brown Mudroc 290s on Google, only the grey and black ones.
    Ah yes - never mind - but it was of the grey/black ones with the silly stripey laces.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Ah. Someone must have a photo of the original brown ones somewhere? Pre-selfie days that though.....!

Were they the ones with the asymmetric lacing? If so, I went to a shop intending to buy some, decided I didn't like them and came out with yet another pair of Walshes. Didn't get into Inov8 until I bought some Mudclaws in about 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by gej View Post
    Were they the ones with the asymmetric lacing? If so, I went to a shop intending to buy some, decided I didn't like them and came out with yet another pair of Walshes. Didn't get into Inov8 until I bought some Mudclaws in about 2012.
    I think the asymmetric lacing was a feature of an early iteration of the Mudclaw.

I sometimes look at photos from races 10 years or so back & notice that folk are almost exclusively shod in Walshes. Over the last few years, almost everyone is in Inov8 (with the odd deviation), though things seem to be opening up a bit - folk in Salomon, VJ, Scott, Hoka etc, & even a few more Walshes again!

Asymmetric lacing was a feature of the Mudclaw 275 - the tiger striped red, black and grey one if I remember correctly. They had the same sole as the Mudclaw 300, but were the "stripped-back" racing version.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Weren't those the 270s? Second pair of inov8 I had after the mudroc.

I stand corrected Pete - they were indeed! I must be getting old :-)