Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Asthma

Re: Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by downsman View Post
    http://www.suunto.com/suunto/Worlds/...829615X2087165

Interesting for all us puffers.

No inhaler for weeks now and going well on bike and feet. Long may it continue.
    Well, can't we tell the weather is changing

After months of no inhalers and starting to feel pretty fit I had the mother of all attacks last night

Felt a bit chesty all day but the cold air at night kick started it off again

After manically searching for the inhaler - (to the point of full on panic attack!!) therefore enabling my lungs to start working again calm was retored!

Bloody great does this mean the annual chest infection is imminent and I can't go anywhere without the bloomin inhaler - grrrrr.

Still feel iffy this morning - maybe a run will help?

Don't know if this helps but i have to get Prednisolone (i think its called) occasionally from my GP when i have a bout that just won't go away - usually after being around cats though (must be all them Black Panthers running around these days) - but it really does the trick.

It definately is that time of year Emmi, it was this time last year I only madeit quarter of the way up Wetherlam.

Its always at the back of my mind, Im hoping the purple peril inhaler that I have been choffing on for 6 months will see me right. (seretide)

Have you been taking your preventer inhalers morning and night Emmi. This is something I did'nt do last year and I got caught out.

Its a bummer cos you had such a good run Saturday - hopefully nothing to serious

Jamie
    Last edited by NotOnUrHelly; 18-09-2007 at 10:17 AM.

thanks guys - i can't get to see my quack this week - I'm not ill enough obviously and go away sunday - so sun sea and warmness!!! I'll go and see her when i get back to talk about a preventative over the winter months.

I've only got the 1 inhaler Jamie and usually resort to it when I feel an attack coming on - I've been brill all summer - not even any hayfever this year which is nothing short of a miracle.

Swoop and I were saying this morning that there has been no gradual decline in the temperature it was just suddenly bloomin freezing!!!

ran today and felt ok but coughing up a lung on the drive home!!

Will keep you posted!

Might be worth getting a flu jab as well

You've got me twitchy now

Quote Originally Posted by NotOnUrHelly View Post
    Might be worth getting a flu jab as well

You've got me twitchy now
    sorry Hun You'll be fine - *crosses everything*

I ran fine last night, breathing was okay. Although I was feeling the cold.

Hope I dont have a bad winter again. It will wreck all my plans for next year.

Yep - about a week ago I was back on the brown preventative one and also have a couple of blasts on the blue before a run or bike ride. So far so good but I know I need to start back on them when I get woken up at night sounding like Mr. Vader! Got a flu jab booked as well and am starting a pilates class in a few weeks in the hope that it may help. Also moved the power breather to once a day rather than every 2 or 3. Let's just hope it doesn't bugger me for the Isle of Wight this weekend and Steepdown in October - that was the one I had to stop in last year after belting off uphill at the start. Not pretty! Right, I'm off out on the BMX. Break a leg.

Struggling a bit at the moment. I forgot to take the preventitive last night before bed and woke up wheezing. I just hate the idea of steroids and the like. Swimming tonight and will try without the inhaler and see how I go on. How are you all?

My asthma's been great since I started on Seretide. I don't like the idea of steroids either but it's the lesser evil I guess. I'm starting to notice the cold weather though - need to make sure I take my reliever a bit more religously!