Page 57 of 172 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Haworth Hobble

Re: Haworth Hobble 2010

Seemed to be a forumite group run with DT, merry, emmilou and I presume Mrs Stagger (if so, I now know another forumite!!). You all seemed quite chirpy to say the least.
    Ckpt 3, nice and breezy, sweeper came through, then the sun came out and the wind abated!!!
    Hope you all have nice recovery tonite.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Absolutely knackered, just woke from a 2 hour kip on the sofa to find someone has replaced my legs will wooden logs that will not bend but hurt hell, these have been sharpened and rammed into the small of my back

Blew big time after Heptonstall and had to walk up the road to Penistone losing about 10 places, perhaps there is something to be said for this training lark after all. Felt good till then, but may have set off too fast, I got the red mist when I saw Dick Ballentine ahead and passed him way earlier than I would normally. Main aim was to get maximum club championship points which I did.

Good to meet Saz (think that is spelt right) who pointed me in the right direction towards Hurstwood Res, told me how bad she felt then sailed past me at the end, nice to see Em, Tussockface and the others , I also met Daz H and one or 2 whilst I was wearing what Derby Tup described as the Wharfedale Harriers away kit, who said hello and whose names I cannot recall think one may have been Hopey.

Should also say i met TTom who informed our bet was now that I will give him £25 if he beats Al in three races this year But if that's what he wants.

And finally whilst slumped exhausted and dribbling just after I had finished, I heard my name possibly being taking in vain by a guy talking loudly to some Wharfedale runners (though he did refer to me as Mr Antisocial which is nice), at that point I couldn't stand up never mind talk but I did come looking for you unsuccessfully afterwards to identify myself - so hello whoever you were.

Great day Brett, Sue and the gang thank you for organising.
    Last edited by Antisocial; 13-03-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Master

Yeah about that AS
    In reality it is now a 3 horse race with myself, antisally and brett in on it.
    A brilliant day, got a good run in, saw some top people, supreme fish and chips.
    Just printed off an entry form for the calderdale hike
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    Yeah about that AS
    In reality it is now a 3 horse race with myself, antisally and brett in on it.
    A brilliant day, got a good run in, saw some top people, supreme fish and chips.
    Just printed off an entry form for the calderdale hike
    What can I spend £50, possibly some Walshes when Born Slippery has got Innov8 shut down

Was a good day, the memory of pain is receding, no doubt it will come back in the morning in the Keighley 10k, off to by a bucket load of ralgex.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    ...I was wearing what Derby Tup described as the Wharfedale Harriers away kit...
    quality
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    quality
    It was, wish I had thought of it, you should have said hello, or did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    It was, wish I had thought of it, you should have said hello, or did you?
    I didn't see you, i spent a lot of time refilling the water and apologising to posh teenagers in the hostel

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Good to see you today. Donuts were particularly fine this year!
    Soz DT forgot i bumped into you while i was delivering Brett's biscuits
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

OMG!!!! Never again! That was HARD! Thanks so much to all organisers, but my selfish biggest thanks to Duff, who I met when I had really lost it and was ready to sit down and cry! What an angel-I thought I was optimistic but this guy is amazing. He must have coaxed and chatted away to every runner he met-unbelievable! He ran ahead to open gates for people then said "don't worry I'll close it" What a guy! I did tell him that if he wasn't so bloody nice he'd be up there with the leaders but he replied he isn't competitive and enjoys the camaraderie! More confirmation that fell runners are the best people in the world(is there a fell runner political party to vote for?)
    NOW - confession time......Brett!-at the start I overheard several front runners talking about the "ginnel" that takes you directly to the school and avoids the longer downhill then uphill. Duff (aforementioned Saint who had dragged me round up to this point) didn't take it, but I did so finished in front of him!!! Now, he was clearly ahead of me, a better runner, faster etc.. So, do others take this or is it cheating? I feel terrible and a fraud as I was sat in the school and then Duff walked in! Don't disqualify me though! Duff-I will pm you! Mountainman-you fast cat!-pm you too!

cheers to Brett and all for a great race, excellent all round

crikey what happened to the beaut sunny weather at the start of the race, just as we got onto the tops, there was some mist floating about in the valley, and then we were frozen stiff in a northerly wind, with carp visibility in the low cloud?, especially if you wearing misting up glasses like me. dumping my gloves at the start was a very bad move, my hands were frozen for first 1h30.

Well done to Ben AbdelNoor (the Noor) for 3rd place and 4h20. was with the leaders until just a coupla miles to go.

i did 4h51, so dead chuffed to be sub 5hrs, despite what i'm assuming where relatively fast conditions. i was wearing the gay looking light blue cycle top and silly red hat, and long girls socks. only numpT navig error I made was going straight on at Heptonstall and missed the right turn. so not bad for a newbie.

otherwise I would have liked to have had Duracell (marmite top) in sight to aim for as I was reasonably strong in last section, but well done m8 you were 5 mins in front, top bombing m8, and just eased away from me when you passed. mind you, leading me and another guy astray thru that bog was a nasty trick, serves me right for following you.

Respect to everyone who completed this!

By chance 4 of us from Rochdale were running in the opposite direction on the same route (Mary Towneley Leg 2). There looked to be some pretty tired folk.
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.