Page 338 of 553 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388438 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos the Jackal View Post
    in terms of tropheys town are a massive club. What have scum won what they haven't?.
    Town success built on class, scum built on bribery, theft, lies and cheating
    The way things are going with the scum it's looking like a relegation battle at Yeovil in a couple of weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    Heathens in all seriousness, do you think the majority United fans actually want to go through on Wednesday night against Sunderland?
    I can't speak for the majority of United fans but I want us to win every game we play. This season has been a great lesson in not being able to always get what you want!

Coming soon Danbert

I don't know about that stags, Everton (the real people's club from meryside)had a great team in the 80's and won the title and possibly they could have won the eurpean cup hadn't it been for the dippers (always the victims) who killed juventus fans and blamed it onto Chelsea's head hunters.
    Good to see the old sob story about the European ban stopping Everton winning the European Cup is still going strong after all these years. I think you might be re writing history mate with the 'Everton had a great team in the eighties' statement. They briefly emerged from Liverpool's shadow, had a couple of good seasons only for the pressure to get to Howard Kendall, he legged it and it all went downhill quick style. They have rarely needed the key to their trophy cabinet since.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Good to see the old sob story about the European ban stopping Everton winning the European Cup is still going strong after all these years. I think you might be re writing history mate with the 'Everton had a great team in the eighties' statement. They briefly emerged from Liverpool's shadow, had a couple of good seasons only for the pressure to get to Howard Kendall, he legged it and it all went downhill quick style. They have rarely needed the key to their trophy cabinet since.
    that's a bit harsh Richard. Mid eighties they had great team until Kevin Radcliffe got injured. Had they been able to play in Europe I'm sure they would have done well. The ban was harsh on the English clubs, I think it was because the English clubs were dominating Europe at that time. I bet the call for the ban was loudest from that shower real Madrid, who were worried your lot would pass them in European cups and I wouldn't have been surprised if they did. Strange the national team wasn't banned, probably because they were shit. They never banned the Dutch....a scary place to go at that time.

that's a bit harsh Richard. Mid eighties they had great team until Kevin Radcliffe got injured. Had they been able to play in Europe I'm sure they would have done well. The ban was harsh on the English clubs, I think it was because the English clubs were dominating Europe at that time. I bet the call for the ban was loudest from that shower real Madrid, who were worried your lot would pass them in European cups and I wouldn't have been surprised if they did. Strange the national team wasn't banned, probably because they were shit. They never banned the Dutch....a scary place to go at that time.
    I seem to remember that the FA egged on by footballer hater Thatcher did UEFA's dirty work by withdrawing English clubs so all UEFA had to do was confirm the ban.

As you say it seems odd that the national team wasn't banned despite England fans causing mayhem all over Europe and this continued with riots in Dublin in 95 and at Euro 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Alf, did you see that ex Morecambe and Dale lad, Dave Perkins was released by Barnsley last Thursday and snapped up by Blackpool on Friday? Must be a result for the lad leaving the bottom team for a mid table side and closer to home as well.

I remember a match down south a few years ago when the home fans were chanting 'there's only one Jimmy Saville' because of his blond locks, don't suppose that chant would be considered appropriate now would it
    Perhaps not a good move after all for Perks, Paul Ince has just got the sack 4 days after signing him. Could his lad Tom be following out of the door at Blackpool

Lucas out for 2 months... big loss, they missed him last time, reliant on an ageing Gerrard now...

David Moyes has promised fans of Man Utd that they will be in a major European competition next year...

....even if he has to write the song himself.

Stolen from James Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    I can't speak for the majority of United fans but I want us to win every game we play. This season has been a great lesson in not being able to always get what you want!
    But we're a laughing stock.

The situation we're in is dire and it's all of our own making. Mata in would be the first step to recovery.

The next? Sack Moyes. It's just not working. And i'd also get rid of Woodward because his inexperience helped sink Moyes, weeks into his new job. Everyone sort of knew that Moyes was dead on September 2 when they stumbled into carrington with a injured fellaini for £27m
    Who cut your hair, Stevie Wonder?