Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Trigs

Re: 15 Trigs

Any which way. I'll just be happy to get round.

No problem there mate. Just seen long term forcast. HOT HOT HOT!!!

Oh dear Ever the bearer of glad tidings, Ian. Dave and I considered your suggestion that we start earlier but on balance decided we value our sleep over our capacity to dehydrate, or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFlash View Post
    Oh dear Ever the bearer of glad tidings, Ian. Dave and I considered your suggestion that we start earlier but on balance decided we value our sleep over our capacity to dehydrate, or otherwise.
    Green Flash and Co coasted round in approx 14 hours 11 minutes. Apparently it was near perfect conditions cool and dry which was a big surprise to me as it poutred it down from late afternoon.

Well Done Willy

Looking forward to the big one now

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Green Flash and Co coasted round in approx 14 hours 11 minutes. Apparently it was near perfect conditions cool and dry which was a big surprise to me as it poutred it down from late afternoon.

Well Done Willy

Looking forward to the big one now
    Thanks, Ian. Just in case anyone needed proof that none of the trigs have been painted since Rob passed by the other week, here's another set of pics on flickr ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/ace1825...7623977437996/

Our thunder was stolen a little, however, by the two 50-somethings we passed on the way out of Glossop who were half-way around the 17 trigs, and still looking strong when we passed them again on the way back from Brown Knoll. Any forumites know who they were and what time they made it back to the Norfolk Arms in Ringinglow?

Well done lads

17 trigs - which were the other 2?
    Gone peakbagging

Brittains plantation and Broom Head?

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    Well done lads

17 trigs - which were the other 2?
    Houndkirk Moor (near Ox Stones) - they'd set off from the Norfolk Arms at Rininglow - and, come to think of it, not sure what the other was ... they vaguely said "Stanage" ... is there another trig at the south end near Cowper Stones or have I imagined that? - need to get the map out.

Just heard that Stephen Martin from Dark Peak, fresh from the Marathon des Sables, also got round the 15 trigs yesterday in 13 hours 40 mins. He'd passed up the opportunity to run round with Dave and I on the grounds our 14 hour 15 mins schedule was "too quick" for him Congrats Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFlash View Post
    Houndkirk Moor (near Ox Stones) - they'd set off from the Norfolk Arms at Rininglow - and, come to think of it, not sure what the other was ... they vaguely said "Stanage" ... is there another trig at the south end near Cowper Stones or have I imagined that? - need to get the map out.

Just heard that Stephen Martin from Dark Peak, fresh from the Marathon des Sables, also got round the 15 trigs yesterday in 13 hours 40 mins. He'd passed up the opportunity to run round with Dave and I on the grounds our 14 hour 15 mins schedule was "too quick" for him Congrats Stephen.
    There is one just up from the Cowper Stone or they could be refering to Stanage Pole?

Steve also did the Derwent Devil 2 weeks a go....Is he in training for something....????

Has anyone done both 15 Trigs and Tan Hill to Kirkstone? If so, what times? I was just wondering what my chances of getting under 15 hours for the 15 Trigs were. If nobody's done them both yet I'll have to wait for MOUNTAIN MAN's 15 Trigs attempt I suppose.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club