Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: learning BGR sections

learning BGR sections

I'm keen to become familiar with the whole of the BGR route and hopefully complete the challenge in a couple of years time. I know section 1 reasonably well now, mainly because it's nearest to my house and is easy to complete without having to use two cars or bikes etc to get from end to start.

A mate of mine is also keen to learn the route but he usually works until 11am on a Sunday, which is the day I tend to go fellrunning (and I prefer to go much earlier than that.) So I'm appealing for anyone in a similar situation really - someone who would benefit from teaming up for lifts etc and who
    is also looking to learn the sections.
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Re: learning BGR sections

I am currently full of enthusiasm for the BG, having supported George and Gerry a couple of weeks back (Mrs. C. and The Master).

I am keen but have VERY limited time... probably unlikely to get up there in the next couple of months.

However, the occasion may arise where our calenders co-incide we could recce any of it, but I particularly need to look at Legs 3 & 4.

If you were to pm me when you have plans and there's probably an opportunity to come in the coming months... I just don't know when.

Merrylegs may well be useful contact... I believe he's planning his BG for next year.

Cheers
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

alwaysinjured

Quote Originally Posted by bestathlete View Post
    I'm keen to become familiar with the whole of the BGR route and hopefully complete the challenge in a couple of years time. I know section 1 reasonably well now, mainly because it's nearest to my house and is easy to complete without having to use two cars or bikes etc to get from end to start.

A mate of mine is also keen to learn the route but he usually works until 11am on a Sunday, which is the day I tend to go fellrunning (and I prefer to go much earlier than that.) So I'm appealing for anyone in a similar situation really - someone who would benefit from teaming up for lifts etc and who
    is also looking to learn the sections.
    About to start getting up there again...out for 3 months with an achilles injury....happy to join up & know the route, but it will be slow for some weeks yet.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinjured View Post
    About to start getting up there again...out for 3 months with an achilles injury....happy to join up & know the route, but it will be slow for some weeks yet.
    Good to hear your out and about even if slow
    When all else fails and your soul needs a lift - head to the hills

Wynn how far in advance do you need/can you book for the BGR

Fellhound

There's no "booking" involved. It's just a matter of letting the BG club know that you are attempting it.

In fact you don't even need to do that if you aren't bothered about joining the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Trundler View Post
    There's no "booking" involved. It's just a matter of letting the BG club know that you are attempting it.

In fact you don't even need to do that if you aren't bothered about joining the club.
    hey if I'm gonna do it I want the t-shirt!! so who in the bg 'club' do you need to speak to? ta very muchly

Quote Originally Posted by The Navigator View Post
    thanks....

so............to those recce's

alwaysinjured

Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    Good to hear your out and about even if slow

Im nearly out and about....said more in hope than expectation!